Menu

Conceptual Physics final exam?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweet Home Alabama had posted a site with a test bank for Conceptual Physics over a year ago. The site is now empty since the teacher does not teach Conceptual Physics anymore but I saved the file and can send it to you if you want. It has chapter tests and semester exams. Each test has T/F, multiple choice, and essay questions.

I haven't used them yet as I just started my dd on the book.

Send me an e-mail and I can send the file to you.

HTH!

Would you mind sending it to me also? I am considering using CP for my son next year along with Physics lectures from The Learning Company (The Great COurses -  Physics In YOur Life)

I would appreciate it very much! Thank you!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming in a little late, but have you all seen Paul Hewitt's "60 Questions Physics Students Should Know"? You can find them on the Arbor Science website. (link removed -- just google it)

His Next Time Questions are also available on the ArborSci site -- they are great, too.

Edited by MyThreeSons
  • Like 1

Guest Anne Marie Suozzi

Hello community,

I was referred to this wonderful community through a collegue of mine; I am interested in getting a hold of a conceptual physics final exam in which I can apply as a study guide for my students. The matierial that I have is very outdated and so, I am looking to find a new source in where I can combine both matierials together.  I stumbled upon this forum and would be thrilled if I were able to find assistance, it would be a tremendous support. Thank you all and many blessings.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know whether CP is adequate prep for the SAT-II subject test? Angie in TX seemed to imply that above, but I'm wondering if I misunderstand.

I wouldn't think that CP is adequate (unless you added in a lot of problem solving from another source). It seems from Angie's post that she teaches a CP class and then she teaches an honors level class from which some go on to take the SAT II. She doesn't mention what she uses for her honors level course.

I wouldn't think that CP is adequate (unless you added in a lot of problem solving from another source). It seems from Angie's post that she teaches a CP class and then she teaches an honors level class from which some go on to take the SAT II. She doesn't mention what she uses for her honors level course.

Giancoli's physics text would be appropriate for SAT 2 study. I wouldn't attempt it after a conceptual only course.

ETA: OK, I did some checking, and Angie used Giancoli with the kids who took the SAT 2. It worked well for my kids, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This post keeps getting resurrected and I still get requests.  But I have decided to stop sending the tests as I have gotten requests from students.  Yes, they admitted it to me when I ask.   I will not be sharing any more copies of the test bank as of today, 9/24/14. 

• Like 1

Guest pjebeling

Would anyone who has this still has the test file being willing to share?  I would appreciate it very much. At the very least, could someone point me in the direction of finding/buying it? I have bought all the materials from amazon - but I don't have this.  I would appreciate it very much.

• 2 years later...

Would anyone who has this still has the test file being willing to share?  I would appreciate it very much. At the very least, could someone point me in the direction of finding/buying it? I have bought all the materials from amazon - but I don't have this.  I would appreciate it very much.

Does anyone have a copy of the file that was sent to them? I would love a copy if anyone still has it. 

• 8 months later...