Menu

How many steps in hiring? Update in #9

BlueTaelon

I had an interview last week for a senior companionship care position, as soon as I left they started a back ground check, they even called employers I haven't worked for since 2000! I know because one of them called me to ask what was up and wanted my permission before calling them back. They just called asking me to come in for the next step which is a drug test and more paperwork.

Does that sound like they will be making a job offer when I go in? I've never had someone be so ambiguous, usually the job offer is made before the drug test and paperwork IME.

Any suggestions on dressing? I was going into the city anyway for a day of food shopping and sitting at SSI so I had planned on jeans and a t-shirt, Its a bit of a pain finding a place to change and I don't want to spend the day in heels.

My husband just went through all of this....after the job was officially offered. Then all the background checks, phone calls, degree verification, urine tests, hair samples and health physicals were performed. I have not heard of it happening before though. I hope it is good news!

Because it is a job working with a vulnerable population that is all too frequently victimized by people who are supposed to care for them, the agency may be very proactive in checking everyone who applies. Also, generally there are more positions than aides available for hire, so they could be anxious to hire you as soon as you clear. Good luck. It sounds like you have the job to me.

So I went in today and took the drug test and got the you know what scared outta me because I didn't pass it:( Didn't fail it either though, I had no idea a test could be inconclusive. So they sent me down to the lab to get tested.

I got the call this afternoon, I got the job! I start next week:) 9 years at home and I'm looking forward to going back to work even if it is only part time its a start to getting us our own place:)