Menu

Science Fusion vs. CPO

Spetzi

I've read and read and I STILL don't know which science to choose for my science hungry kid. Does anyone have any advice or opinions to share on Science Fusion or CPO Life Science?

SF: Pros: great pics/graphics, great use of media, on sale at HSBC, I like the combo of write-in book/video interactive and hands-on

Cons: doesn't seem as in depth as CPO, activities seem easy, but shallow, I've heard the teacher side of the site has been difficult to use, but a HM rep told me they were working out the kinks

CPO: Pros: seems to be thorough, good graphics, labs easy to understand (most supplies seem easy to obtain or sub the lab)

Cons: I'd have to have my act together to implement this

I'm contemplating these two for my 11 yr old, but I'm also interested in SF (or other great curriculum) for my 8 yr old.

Thanks!

Guest mamatodandb

I don't have any experience with CPO, but my science loving boys, ages 12 and 9, used SF this year and really enjoyed it. They actually learned a ton and scored very well on their state tests. They requested that we use it again next year. I LOVE that it is fairly independent, and has both the digital and workbook components.

My dd used SF this past year and really enjoyed it. She did 3rd grade and she did learn a lot from it. She references thngs she learned in SF very often. I am using it this year too. The teacher side was confusing for me at first, but then it was quite simple when I figured it out. A few simple clicks and you have assigned a lesson. All they have to do is log in and pull it up. I like having online and the workbook PLUS the ereaders based on their reading level. It always got done.