Menu

Story of the World III and The Human Odyssey

I've been using SOTW with my younger (2nd) and middle (6th) kids, having the middle kid take notes from the corresponding chapters from The Human Odyssey. We've had success with this method, so we'll continue it next year with SOTW III.

To that end, I have made a spreadsheet to correlate the chapters from SOTW III and THO (all from vol 2 this year). I had a much harder time this year than prior years -- lots of chapters in THO by theme, so trying to split some, and then not as consistent a progression as in SOTW.... and I was surprised at the absence in THO of some topics I would have thought would be in there, but I guess that is the cost of producing a survey work -- that inevitably you must leave some things out.

Anyway, I have uploaded what I was able to put together here. If you would like a copy of my Excel spreadsheet, so you can tweak it for yourself, please send me a pm and I'd be happy to send it to you (can't believe Scribd still doesn't support spreadsheets!).

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Kate