What's with the ads?

#1 DiannaC

DiannaC

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'm getting ready to place an order with RR, but before I do I wanted to know do they have a big sale in the summer? Or free shipping? I'm buying Saxon math for the first time, so that is a larger purchase. I've never purchased from them before and wanted to know if I should wait before placing my order.

#2 3monkeys

3monkeys

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I do know you always get free shipping for orders over $50. I can't remember any big summer sale, but that doesn't mean a thing because my memory is horrible!! I do think they have sales for certain things but not a storewide sale.

#3 ashleysf

ashleysf

Slacker Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

I have ordered several times this year with their free shipping for orders over $50 option - you can see it on their homepage. Other than that, I don't remember that they had a summer sale in the past couple of years. CBD has a summer sale, though and I have made use of it for curriculum purchases.

#4 RootAnn

RootAnn

* Certified Crazy Lady *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2781 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

Actually, it is *usually* better to buy from RR before their new catalog comes out. Their prices are *usually* more expensive AFTER their new catalog comes out.

However, I just placed an order from RR & from CBD & I noted that RR was significantly more expensive on several items than CBD (and I got free shipping from both because I found a CBD free shipping code on the internet). The only reason I ordered from RR was because they had things CBD didn't carry. So, make sure to compare prices!
  • Mommy22alyns likes this

#5 Mommy22alyns

Mommy22alyns

Still not a magical fairy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9220 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Agreed, I always compare prices and split my orders between RR and CBD.
  • RootAnn likes this

What's with the ads?