Menu

Staples and Better Binders X-Post

I didn't want to spend the $ for the Better Binders, even though I have heard great things about them. We bought mostly store brands and I now regret it. We saved a few bucks per binder, but the cheaper ones have really fallen part. We are pretty rough on things, so I want to buy one of the Better Binders and give it a test drive!!

I didn't want to spend the $ for the Better Binders, even though I have heard great things about them. We bought mostly store brands and I now regret it. We saved a few bucks per binder, but the cheaper ones have really fallen part. We are pretty rough on things, so I want to buy one of the Better Binders and give it a test drive!!

We use ours daily and they still look like new. Buy a couple when the sale comes up. I bet you'll be pleased!

They did let you get the sale price AND trade in an old binder for a credit AND use a weekly coupon...think it was like $5 off $25 or something. Turned out to be a awesome deal last year! I've grown to love our BB's though I didn't like them at first. I've got a handful of other binders I'll be replacing with BB this summer when the sale starts!

This is what I did...it WAS an awesome deal!!

They did let you get the sale price AND trade in an old binder for a credit AND use a weekly coupon...think it was like $5 off $25 or something. Turned out to be a awesome deal last year! I've grown to love our BB's though I didn't like them at first. I've got a handful of other binders I'll be replacing with BB this summer when the sale starts!

• 3 weeks later...

Love the Better Binders here too. Last year I bought at least a dozen of them- probably early August- paid about half price. (Older kids using 3-4 each) Was so tired of buying the vinyl over cardboard ones that start falling apart in 2 weeks. The ring mechanism is virtually indestructible. We traded one back in after it had been stepped on. Then we traded in about 5 that were melted in our house fire. Best money ever spent.

I can't find anything on the Staples Canada website about trading in binders, that's too bad. Right now they've got the 1" for $5 and the 3" for $10. I'm thinking 3" is going to be too big and bother me, but the 2" isn't on sale. Also, apparently the Better Dividers are not for Canadians, which is also too bad, since those repositionable tabs at the top of the divider sure are tempting. Unless the store has them but the site doesn't.

ETA: I went in-store today and found some 1.5" Better Binders in the clearance section for $2.97. They must be an older style? They don't have the pocket on the outside and are "metallic" colours. Woohoo, though!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a post elsewhere indicating that this may work with the current Fill A Bag sale (20% off whatever fits in a reusable bag that they give you. This excludes printer ink, Kindles, Nooks, Keurig units, and a few other things), since I guess this Groupon deal is basically just a GC. The Fill a Bag goes through 6/22 I believe. I don't know if it definitely works with Fill a Bag, but I assume it should since the groupon is an e-GC basically.

http://t.staples.com...034&PID=3278587