What's with the ads?

#1 Monkey Island Academy

Monkey Island Academy

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Can someone remind me which month it is that Staples usually runs their sale on Better Binders? I'm doing some organizing right now and reaaaaly want to buy some, but I'll hold off if the sale is coming up soon.

Thanks!

#2 PollyOR

PollyOR

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3448 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

We were in Staples recently and some of their Better Binders (1") were on clearance for $4.

edited to change binder size

#3 Monkey Island Academy

Monkey Island Academy

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thanks PollyOR! I wish I had a Staples store near me, but I have to stick to online ordering. The only clearance deals on their website are for the 1" Binders which are too small for me, and they're only a dollar off anyway. :(

#4 PollyOR

PollyOR

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3448 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I did a search and it looks like July. http://forums.welltr...sale-on-sunday/

#5 Farrar

Farrar

Expert Cat Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12722 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

It was definitely during back to school season, so I think it was late July and early August?

#6 Monkey Island Academy

Monkey Island Academy

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for finding the info for me! That was exactly the post I was searching for, but it didn't come up for me! I never have luck with that search function. That was the post that got me to try Better Binders for the first time, and I completely love them now! I guess I'll try to hold out until July and get the deals...

#7 PollyOR

PollyOR

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3448 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Glad I was able to find it because normally I can't find anything either. ;)

#8 Mom2TheTeam

Mom2TheTeam

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I read that thread...now I want to check them out too! I saw that you can trade in binders also. In the fine print though it says only one promotion per binder...so, I wonder if you can get the sale and the $2 off for the binder trade in....hmm.....

#9 houseofkids&pets

houseofkids&pets

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1132 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

I didn't want to spend the $ for the Better Binders, even though I have heard great things about them. We bought mostly store brands and I now regret it. We saved a few bucks per binder, but the cheaper ones have really fallen part. We are pretty rough on things, so I want to buy one of the Better Binders and give it a test drive!!

#10 Monkey Island Academy

Monkey Island Academy

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

I didn't want to spend the $ for the Better Binders, even though I have heard great things about them. We bought mostly store brands and I now regret it. We saved a few bucks per binder, but the cheaper ones have really fallen part. We are pretty rough on things, so I want to buy one of the Better Binders and give it a test drive!!

We use ours daily and they still look like new. Buy a couple when the sale comes up. I bet you'll be pleased!

#11 Samiam

Samiam

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

They did let you get the sale price AND trade in an old binder for a credit AND use a weekly coupon...think it was like $5 off $25 or something. Turned out to be a awesome deal last year! I've grown to love our BB's though I didn't like them at first. I've got a handful of other binders I'll be replacing with BB this summer when the sale starts!

#12 SABE

SABE

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

There's a printable coupon for 30% off Better Binders this week. I came here to see whether that was a decent price! http://reg.e.staples...&COUPON_1=24086

I just looked at the July sale prices from last year that someone linked above, and they appear to be around 40% off.

#13 pitterpatter

pitterpatter

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1821 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for this post! I need to go drop off some ink/toner cartridges so I'll have my Rewards in time to buy some more on sale for next year.

#14 pitterpatter

pitterpatter

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1821 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

This is what I did...it WAS an awesome deal!!

They did let you get the sale price AND trade in an old binder for a credit AND use a weekly coupon...think it was like $5 off $25 or something. Turned out to be a awesome deal last year! I've grown to love our BB's though I didn't like them at first. I've got a handful of other binders I'll be replacing with BB this summer when the sale starts!

#15 Tylianna

Tylianna

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Subscribing so I can see updates when these are on sale.

Next year the kiddos and I are doing school binders.

#16 readinmom

readinmom

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1806 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Darn, I just donated a bunch of old binders to Goodwill. I forgot about the trade in and sale...

#17 126bugeyes

126bugeyes

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Love the Better Binders here too. Last year I bought at least a dozen of them- probably early August- paid about half price. (Older kids using 3-4 each) Was so tired of buying the vinyl over cardboard ones that start falling apart in 2 weeks. The ring mechanism is virtually indestructible. We traded one back in after it had been stepped on. Then we traded in about 5 that were melted in our house fire. Best money ever spent.

#18 meggeh

meggeh

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

I can't find anything on the Staples Canada website about trading in binders, that's too bad. Right now they've got the 1" for $5 and the 3" for $10. I'm thinking 3" is going to be too big and bother me, but the 2" isn't on sale. Also, apparently the Better Dividers are not for Canadians, which is also too bad, since those repositionable tabs at the top of the divider sure are tempting. Unless the store has them but the site doesn't.

ETA: I went in-store today and found some 1.5" Better Binders in the clearance section for $2.97. They must be an older style? They don't have the pocket on the outside and are "metallic" colours. Woohoo, though!

#19 *Michelle*

*Michelle*

Busy Little Bumblebee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1733 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

For everybody waiting for these, Groupon has a Staples deal right now. You get a $40 Staples eGift card for $25. It's valid in-store only, but it never expires.

#20 Momof3littles

Momof3littles

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3214 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

For everybody waiting for these, Groupon has a Staples deal right now. You get a $40 Staples eGift card for $25. It's valid in-store only, but it never expires.

Thank you! Always love a discount at Staples.

#21 mamaraby

mamaraby

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the Groupon! :0)

#22 MunRoLy

MunRoLy

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for letting me know about this groupon! When I purchased it, I was given an extra $10 discount (no idea why) so only paid $15 for a $40 gift card!

#23 Momof3littles

Momof3littles

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3214 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for letting me know about this groupon! When I purchased it, I was given an extra $10 discount (no idea why) so only paid $15 for a $40 gift card!

did you get some kind of referral bonus by any chance?

#24 chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

The Groupon is sold out :(

#25 Momof3littles

Momof3littles

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3214 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I saw a post elsewhere indicating that this may work with the current Fill A Bag sale (20% off whatever fits in a reusable bag that they give you. This excludes printer ink, Kindles, Nooks, Keurig units, and a few other things), since I guess this Groupon deal is basically just a GC. The Fill a Bag goes through 6/22 I believe. I don't know if it definitely works with Fill a Bag, but I assume it should since the groupon is an e-GC basically.
http://t.staples.com...034&PID=3278587

What's with the ads?