Menu

Cross Post: Any good Grammar stage Physics programs out there besides NOEO?

Have you used any of them?

I'm looking for something for my first grader who is reading on at least fourth grade level. He still wants lots of pictures in his texts, though and activities are a plus.

There is no point in telling me that I don't "need" to do science in first grade... believe me, I know. He is the one fueling this. I am just trying to find something for him to do that relates to the physics that his older brother is doing.

Older brother is doing RS4K Physics 1 and Teaching Critical Thinking Skills Through Science.

The books used in NOEO are well within his reading level, but I wouldn't mind going with something with more cut and paste...

Is there anything out there that I am missing?

We just bought Real Science 4 Kids, the whole package of Chem/Phys/Bio I (to get the discount.) We haven't used it, but I was impressed with Dr. Keller when I heard her speak, like the neutral way she does science (no evolution/ID/creationism--leaves that to the parents.) Also, my 10 yo is no science buff, didn't like NOEO (sp--migraine hangover today) and all year courses on one subject fail miserably for her. Level I is for grades 4-6; there's also a version out there for 1-3. For grades 7-9 there is Chemistry only so far. My 13 yo likes the Chem II, although it's way too easy for her, and is going to do it just for fun. I have it for the other 2 coming up. Dr. Keller is also planning to write a high school curricula, but it won't be out there in time for my eldest so we have other plans.