Menu

I was looking into Singapore Math programs today and noticed that on the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt page they sell a Spanish version of Math in Focus. Does anyone on the forum have experience with the Spanish version of this program? If so, what are your thoughts? Where did you purchase it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Heather

No info, but I think you can get MEP (free!) in Spanish as well in case you or others are interested.

http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mepres/primary/spanish/default.htm

We use this too and even though DD is beyond MEP year 4, I've printed various sections from all 4 years. We have a Spanish tutor and I also know enough Spanish. DD was able to learn the names of the fractions in a fun way in just one afternoon.

ETA: And, if you don't know Spanish, just print out the corresponding English page.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Not only do they offer Math in Focus but also Math Expressions, which our school district uses in Spanish in their dual language immersion program classrooms, possibly others too. I don't know how you can purchase from them as an individual, they supply schools and school districts. Their price may not be cost effective for individuals, especially their teacher's guides. Good luck and please come back if you figure it out.

I've not used MIF in Spanish (or English for that matter), but what I've noticed about translated materials is just that - they are translated. With math, it will be the exact same material taught in English, just translated to Spanish. When I worked in the public schools, they all worked that way (we were using Everyday Math). Other Spanish math programs are Santillana USA (native), and Rod and Staff (translated).