Menu

I'm looking for suggestions.

I've figured out that a loose routine is what works best for us.

This system was MEANT to be a flexible schedule. But, we've found what works best is to take off the magnets, give them to the kiddos and then as they finish things, they put the item on the chart. It's nice because at the end of the day I can VISUALLY see what we've accomplished and it gives them ownership as far as actually seeing what they still have to do. It gives them a little freedom as well as what comes next. We still have our routine - everyone has outside time at once, nap isn't optional ;) but this is working good for us.

This is the chart (minus several magnets, lol)

graphboard_zps4b032147.jpg

The problem is I want some kind of hanging "cup" or "thingie" to keep the magnets separate. Grab your cup and go, kwim?

I figure someone here has seen a good hanging "thingie" to keep small objects in for separate children whether on a blog or in a cup. :)

Thanks!

~Kelly

I would use these, they come in other colors, and of course you would color code them for your kids :).

51jfUm%2BrtHL._SX385_.jpg

I usually buy these pretty cheap during back to school at Walmart, I believe they are around $2.00 a piece. I would hang them on the wall from one of the holes using a command hook. I also use these to organize my flashcards in binders.

I love your chart BTW, very clever!

I have something similar that has chore and school subject magnets. I just use the bottom of the board but I've considered running back up to IKEA to grab a mini bar w/ hanging cups. They have been a lifesaver in my bathrooms and I can keep them color coded. (here is one style that i have http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50234704/ I can't find the ones I really like on the website but they have little bars like towel bars and then plastic colored cups that hang on the bar)

The difference between your system and mine is that I start with magnets on the board that they need to do and they take them off as they go. They love to see the empty board and then the cups just hold the ones that are off the board. The cups might work for your plan though.

I would use these, they come in other colors, and of course you would color code them for your kids :).

51jfUm%2BrtHL._SX385_.jpg

I usually buy these pretty cheap during back to school at Walmart, I believe they are around $2.00 a piece. I would hang them on the wall from one of the holes using a command hook. I also use these to organize my flashcards in binders.

I love your chart BTW, very clever!

HEY! I actually own these, lol. And they are color coded! :)

Target's dollar spot has mini silver buckets that you could personalize and hang from cup hooks or Command adhesive hooks. The tiny pails have little handles for hanging. They sometimes come in seasonal colors, but the silver you could put a colored initial on to match your color coded magnets. Michael's usually carries these too. I bet Hobby Lobby and JoAnn, but I haven't been to either lately.