Menu

Hive's Hotel Help, Please...

Tammi K

Procrastination is NOT a friend and he is about to bite me in the behind. I have to meet with someone in 2 hours to book airline tickets to ISI World's Ice Skating competition in Aneheim. I was supposed to book a hotel first but I didn't get to it and now I am overwhelmed by choices.

The competition site listed a few hotels in the $125 and up range (Hyatt, Hilton, etc.) but very few offer free breakfast or parking. Our family went to Disney a few years ago and I know that area is crawling with hotels but I can't remember where we stayed.

I know the kids will be skating between three ice rinks but I don't know where they are. Most of the suggested hotels are on Harbor Boulevard. So, I'm guessing that is central, but, again, I really don't know.

ANYONE???? I would love a few hotel names to try. I'm guessing if it's close to Disney it's close to the rinks. So, what did you love/hate.

Note sure where or when this ice skating thing is, but if you have AAA you can have a travel agent there help you. I use ours to book the hotel/car when I take my adult son with autism to D'Land, so we stay at Tropicana on Harbor since it is pretty much across from the main entrance to the resort. If you are not doing Disney, then you do not need to be so close to the parks. I'd use a travel agent - they know the ins and outs and the discounts.

PS - call the hotels, don't just use websites. I have had websites tell me that there were no rooms on my dates and/or bed/price but when I phone - amazing, there are rooms.

PS that close to the Disney resort I don't think you will find much free parking - parking is at a premium there.

Note sure where or when this ice skating thing is, but if you have AAA you can have a travel agent there help you. I use ours to book the hotel/car when I take my adult son with autism to D'Land, so we stay at Tropicana on Harbor since it is pretty much across from the main entrance to the resort. If you are not doing Disney, then you do not need to be so close to the parks. I'd use a travel agent - they know the ins and outs and the discounts.

PS - call the hotels, don't just use websites. I have had websites tell me that there were no rooms on my dates and/or bed/price but when I phone - amazing, there are rooms.

OK - I looked at a map and your rink is a bit north of Disney, so you don't want to get embroiled in the Disney parking/driving mess. Find a hotel on NORTH Harbor Blvd and you should be good.

We love the Candy Cane Inn on Harbor. We stay there when we visit Disney. It has a free breakfast. It's nothing to write home about, but it has bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, etc.... The Portofino Inn is really nice as well. They have kid suites. It is across the street from I-Hop on Harbor.

Good luck!

We love the Candy Cane Inn on Harbor. We stay there when we visit Disney. It has a free breakfast. It's nothing to write home about, but it has bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, etc.... The Portofino Inn is really nice as well. They have kid suites. It is across the street from I-Hop on Harbor.

Good luck!

we've stayed there, too. as i remember it, the sound proofing is lousy, so i wouldn't want kids there who were competing in something..... but it was fun, and lively for a disney stay!