Menu

Update? on my mortgage/modification/foreclosure saga, with a new twist and positive thoughts solicited..........

Joanne

Remember the saga? I didn't post much about it since my experience with the loan modification was so absurd - like crazy, unbelievably weird absurd. It turns out that I was way not alone, and that 4.2 million other people had a foreclosure story potentially as weird as mine.

So much so that the banks have been forced to settle with impacted homeowners.

I posted about qualifying for part of the settlement. Well, I had not heard anything for months and the national mortgage settlement sites didn't offer a lot of info. Well, the other night, I heard that "the checks" were being mailed this Friday.

After a long conversation with the consulting company who manages the settlement disbursement, it was determined that:

1. I qualify.

2. My check is being mailed Friday.

3. My xh is the address on record (he changed it)

4. The check is coming written to BOTH of us.

The possibly frustrating thing about the xh being involved isn't that I have to split the money (I expected that) but that he wasn't in the house, wasn't involved in the reasons we qualify and doesn't *know* what they did to me. He'd have no information with which to advocate for the correct status of compensation, and because he took the option away from me and didn't communicate, we may get $300 instead of $60k.

I emailed him that I had spoken with the company, that I knew the check was coming, and that I expect he'll contact me so we can meet at the bank, sign the check and each get our half. I haven't heard back. I'm hopeful that he'll not "fight" this; it would be dumb on his part.

So........wishes for lack of drama and presence of cooperation and also that the system compensate me for what was done.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/bcreg/bcreg20130409a1.pdf

I'm counting on a "good" trip to the grocery store for my half of $300.

I am fantasizing and prioritizing how I'd use my half of $60k. ;)

I'm still fantasizing about that beautiful HEB in Katy, TX. How many steaming packages of tortillas fresh out of the press could I buy? How many shiny, green avocadoes would I pluck from the bin? I'm mentally picturing you at that HEB and double-dog wishing there's some way you end up with 60K.

Remember the saga? I didn't post much about it since my experience with the loan modification was so absurd - like crazy, unbelievably weird absurd. It turns out that I was way not alone, and that 4.2 million other people had a foreclosure story potentially as weird as mine.

So much so that the banks have been forced to settle with impacted homeowners.

I posted about qualifying for part of the settlement. Well, I had not heard anything for months and the national mortgage settlement sites didn't offer a lot of info. Well, the other night, I heard that "the checks" were being mailed this Friday.

After a long conversation with the consulting company who manages the settlement disbursement, it was determined that:

1. I qualify.

2. My check is being mailed Friday.

3. My xh is the address on record (he changed it)

4. The check is coming written to BOTH of us.

The possibly frustrating thing about the xh being involved isn't that I have to split the money (I expected that) but that he wasn't in the house, wasn't involved in the reasons we qualify and doesn't *know* what they did to me. He'd have no information with which to advocate for the correct status of compensation, and because he took the option away from me and didn't communicate, we may get $300 instead of $60k.

I emailed him that I had spoken with the company, that I knew the check was coming, and that I expect he'll contact me so we can meet at the bank, sign the check and each get our half. I haven't heard back. I'm hopeful that he'll not "fight" this; it would be dumb on his part.

So........wishes for lack of drama and presence of cooperation and also that the system compensate me for what was done.

http://www.federalre...g20130409a1.pdf

Hi Joanne, My dh has been receiving various forms and updates on this situation too. He was foreclosed on in Feb of 2010. The last notice he got was to tell him what company would be contacting him about it. He never received anything about how much he might get. And in our case I assume the check will be to both him and his XW, even though she moved out of the house and signed a quitclaim long before foreclosure.