Menu

Many people stabbed at Lone Star College link inside

unsinkable

My daughter's a dual credit student at a different LoneStar campus, so I heard that there was a stabbing at another campus but didn't pay much attention. But fourteen people? Dear Lord.

The mercy flight was there transporting people, which makes me really nervous for them.

Your DD is fine, tho', right?

The mercy flight was there transporting people, which makes me really nervous for them.

Your DD is fine, tho', right?

Yes, thank God, she is fine. The stabbings happened at the Cypress-Fairbanks campus, and she's at another campus. Thanks for asking!

I was wondering how one person with a knife could get that many people without being stopped, but now apparently they're saying there were two? It gets weirder and weirder.

Prayers for all the victims. I haven't heard that there were any deaths?

Yes, thank God, she is fine. The stabbings happened at the Cypress-Fairbanks campus, and she's at another campus. Thanks for asking!

I was wondering how one person with a knife could get that many people without being stopped, but now apparently they're saying there were two? It gets weirder and weirder.

Prayers for all the victims. I haven't heard that there were any deaths?

I just keep refreshing that site I linked. No word on deaths.

Now it says one perp who ran from building to building and was tackled by a student.

God bless the tackler!

My kids go to a different campus as well. Right after it happened, I read on Facebook that the asailant was deaf.

Yesterday, I read that he had already been moved to a mental hospital. That article said he was a long time student, and worked in the library, and had never had any issues at all.

My understanding is that he was using a scalpel blade, maybe in an x-acto handle.

Is it true that students and faculty subdued and disarmed him before the police arrived?

It was surreal on campus yesterday. It happened in the building where I teach. Since the campus had been locked down and then evacuated, no one had been on site. We had steam cleaners (blood stains), and a dozen Dean level officials. I teach at 7:00 am; there aren't usually Deans. We had 3 people stop in, including the President, yesterday.

The student who was the attacker had been a homeschooler.