Menu

things my 13 year old said today..not sure which one was the dumbest

ktgrok

First was: "I'm being really obnoxious today, so that tomorrow when I'm just normal you will think I'm being really good in comparison."

Then later, when I reminded him he still had schoolwork to finish, "But I set the table!" As if doing that got him out of schoolwork somehow? Maybe because as a waiter he won't need algebra?

Finally, "Just because you say I have to do schoolwork doesn't mean I have to." Um..yeah kid, actually that is exactly what it means.

Heh, heh, I have a 13 year old son, too. I so get it. Wish I didn't.

One of my friends told me that this age was the hardest to get through with her son, but by the time he was 15 or 16, she started liking him again. :-)

What's scary is he is better now than he was at say, 11. Ugh..11 was BAD. He's less angry, and more just brainless now. I mean, i can't even get mad exactly, when he says such ridiculous things. I just stare at him with my jaw hanging open.

Haha... yes, better about it before we burst out crying :glare: My nearly 14-yr old is there too, only today he's recovering from a nasty cold, so you know... not really sick, but not really well. I may run away from home, only the 3 year old would find me. The poor 3 year old who blindly gets into logic-type arguments with him. She will either be the most resilient child that ever walked this earth or be in therapy a lot. I'm not sure which yet....

We were just talking at my book club about the changes that occur in the brains of teenagers (especially early on). It really is very biological/cognitive. Mine aren't there yet, but my 3yo daughter sure acts like a teenager sometimes...I am very afraid!

This should make you feel better.

Ds13 loves to drive me nuts. Today during his geography he was making a list of nonrenewable resources. He listed chickens. Yep chickens...Why because what if we neuter all of them and they can't reproduce???? We would quickly eat them all. I explained that no one neuters chickens. Lots of work plus you can just not have roosters. No, my son wants to neuter them all. Also managed to sidetrack geography pretty well.

Must of been fun irritating me because later he was doing something with dh. As they walked away I heard "So dad how do you neuter a chicken???"