What's with the ads?

Photo

Spanish 1: AOP LifePacs, ACE Paces, or CLE LightUnits?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 ereks mom

ereks mom

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6350 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

I want something EASY to implement with students who just need to earn a Spanish credit and get it over with. Nothing fancy, nothing rigorous. Although I am familiar with Spanish (I still remember a lot from having taken it for 5 years in junior high & high school, plus what I took in college) I don't want to have to do much (if any) teaching. I want the girls to be able to work independently. If I can pop in a DVD and have them complete workbook pages, that would be ideal. Which of these best fits my wishlist: AOP LifePacs, ACE Paces, or CLE LightUnits?

#2 OnTheBrink

OnTheBrink

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9052 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'd love to know the answer to this, too. From what I understand from looking at CLE's website, their audio materials are on cassette. I didn't think to ask at the convention if that's still true. I'm leaning towards the Lifepacs, but that's not written in stone.

#3 ereks mom

ereks mom

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6350 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

I'd love to know the answer to this, too. From what I understand from looking at CLE's website, their audio materials are on cassette. I didn't think to ask at the convention if that's still true. I'm leaning towards the Lifepacs, but that's not written in stone.

I've been leaning toward the LifePacs too, but I would love to hear from people who've used the other options also.

#4 1pageatatime

1pageatatime

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

I want something EASY to implement with students who just need to earn a Spanish credit and get it over with. Nothing fancy, nothing rigorous. Although I am familiar with Spanish (I still remember a lot from having taken it for 5 years in junior high & high school, plus what I took in college) I don't want to have to do much (if any) teaching. I want the girls to be able to work independently. If I can pop in a DVD and have them complete workbook pages, that would be ideal. Which of these best fits my wishlist: AOP LifePacs, ACE Paces, or CLE LightUnits?

Here is a review of ACE Spanish 1 by Cathy Duffy. The PACES are dependent on the DVDs, so it isn't really open and go.

HTH...

#5 HollyDay

HollyDay

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

We are using LifePac. I have not seen the other programs you have mentioned so I can't really help. LifePac audios are on cdrom. The text is very straight forward. It is pretty much open and go.

#6 Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet Home Alabama

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

My dd is outsourcing Spanish at our local home school cover school. They are using Life Packs. She's had a great year... no complaints about them. This cover school has used AO Spanish Life Packs for several years.

#7 Lugrita

Lugrita

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Have any of you bought the Spanish I LifePac set, yet? I have it on my wish list and I'm about to take the plunge, but I am still so unsure about what I'm doing. My ds has such a rigorous year ahead of him (and *I* have a rigorous year ahead of me with all four of my kids), and he really wants to learn Japanese as well, so I just want a cheap and easy route with Spanish...in this one area, I just care about fulfilling the credit requirement!

#8 ereks mom

ereks mom

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6350 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

I haven't yet. I actually have an SOS Spanish 1 CD-ROM program, but I don't know if I will actually use it. I am leaning towards either LifePacs or maybe going with Destinos.

#9 Lugrita

Lugrita

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think that I will place my order today and just buy the LifePacs. I've never before used LifePacs, but now is as good a time to try them as any! :D

What's with the ads?