Menu

Spanish 1: AOP LifePacs, ACE Paces, or CLE LightUnits?

I want something EASY to implement with students who just need to earn a Spanish credit and get it over with. Nothing fancy, nothing rigorous. Although I am familiar with Spanish (I still remember a lot from having taken it for 5 years in junior high & high school, plus what I took in college) I don't want to have to do much (if any) teaching. I want the girls to be able to work independently. If I can pop in a DVD and have them complete workbook pages, that would be ideal. Which of these best fits my wishlist: AOP LifePacs, ACE Paces, or CLE LightUnits?

I'd love to know the answer to this, too. From what I understand from looking at CLE's website, their audio materials are on cassette. I didn't think to ask at the convention if that's still true. I'm leaning towards the Lifepacs, but that's not written in stone.

I'd love to know the answer to this, too. From what I understand from looking at CLE's website, their audio materials are on cassette. I didn't think to ask at the convention if that's still true. I'm leaning towards the Lifepacs, but that's not written in stone.

I've been leaning toward the LifePacs too, but I would love to hear from people who've used the other options also.

I want something EASY to implement with students who just need to earn a Spanish credit and get it over with. Nothing fancy, nothing rigorous. Although I am familiar with Spanish (I still remember a lot from having taken it for 5 years in junior high & high school, plus what I took in college) I don't want to have to do much (if any) teaching. I want the girls to be able to work independently. If I can pop in a DVD and have them complete workbook pages, that would be ideal. Which of these best fits my wishlist: AOP LifePacs, ACE Paces, or CLE LightUnits?

Here is a review of ACE Spanish 1 by Cathy Duffy. The PACES are dependent on the DVDs, so it isn't really open and go.

HTH...

• 2 months later...

Have any of you bought the Spanish I LifePac set, yet? I have it on my wish list and I'm about to take the plunge, but I am still so unsure about what I'm doing. My ds has such a rigorous year ahead of him (and *I* have a rigorous year ahead of me with all four of my kids), and he really wants to learn Japanese as well, so I just want a cheap and easy route with Spanish...in this one area, I just care about fulfilling the credit requirement!