Menu

Can you see who has looked at your FB page?

DawnM

A friend told me she hates clicking on people's pages/walls because they can see who looked at them and she doesn't want them thinking she is a stalker.

I told her I had no idea how to see that and it would never occur to me to spy on who is looking at my wall/page, it is there to be looked at.

Is there a way to see who looked at it?

Dawn

You can see which of your FB friends have seen something sometimes, but it doesn't show people who are not FB friends. Near a post or picture it says "18 people have seen this post" or something like that, and if you click that, it pops up the who's who list. All it means is that they were on the page where the post is, though; it has no way of knowing if they actually read the words / got the information.

Hmm, as a facebook snob (lol), and as one who often preaches to family and friends about locking down their facebook, there really is no way for anyone to see who has been following the PAGE. Now, individual posts, like Milovany said, can see who viewed the post but only after that post has been liked by someone.

In other words, let's say Milovany and I are friends on facebook and we both have our facebook locked down tight--so that only friends (not even friends of friends) can see what we post. Let's say I post a picture and Milovany "likes" that picture. I and Milovany both, can come back to that picture, however our mouse over "18 people have liked this photo" and I and she can both see those who have liked it.

But, there is no way one can see who has viewed your page. There is no list on the bottom of your page that says "18 people have viewed your facebook page today". It's not like a message board where we can see that 18 people have viewed a thread (and you'll note that even though we can see 18 people are viewing the thread, we can NOT see who those 18 people are).

Facebook does not have the algorithm to tell you how many people have viewed your private page, so no, she cannot be seen.

However, if you have a public page or a business page, then the person who owns that page can tell how many viewers, unique and otherwise, are coming to their page. But names? No, they cannot see those.

Clear as mud?

Hmm, as a facebook snob (lol), and as one who often preaches to family and friends about locking down their facebook, there really is no way for anyone to see who has been following the PAGE. Now, individual posts, like Milovany said, can see who viewed the post but only after that post has been liked by someone.

In other words, let's say Milovany and I are friends on facebook and we both have our facebook locked down tight--so that only friends (not even friends of friends) can see what we post. Let's say I post a picture and Milovany "likes" that picture. I and Milovany both, can come back to that picture, however our mouse over "18 people have liked this photo" and I and she can both see those who have liked it.

But, there is no way one can see who has viewed your page. There is no list on the bottom of your page that says "18 people have viewed your facebook page today". It's not like a message board where we can see that 18 people have viewed a thread (and you'll note that even though we can see 18 people are viewing the thread, we can NOT see who those 18 people are).

Facebook does not have the algorithm to tell you how many people have viewed your private page, so no, she cannot be seen.

However, if you have a public page or a business page, then the person who owns that page can tell how many viewers, unique and otherwise, are coming to their page. But names? No, they cannot see those.

Clear as mud?

That's a relief! Goodness, I don't want anyone thinking I'm a stalker either. I often view pages of people I'm not friends with--but not in a creepy way!

Disclaimer...I don't use facebook, but many of my family and friends do.

One thing that will clue someone in is the you might like updates. I'm not sure what it says, but my sister can always tell who has checked out her page this way. (She has a special page for her adopted son, and is clued in by the little notices.)

Disclaimer...I don't use facebook, but many of my family and friends do.

One thing that will clue someone in is the you might like updates. I'm not sure what it says, but my sister can always tell who has checked out her page this way. (She has a special page for her adopted son, and is clued in by the little notices.)

I always thought those were generated by the fact that one of your friends has other friends who are into this or that. Hmm. ... I check non-friends' pages all the time, because I am nosy! It is surprising how much some people post for the public to read. Mostly I just want to get a feel for how someone (or someone's kid) is doing when I haven't seen that person for a long time.

The "you might like" updates are not personal updates. They are advertisements for businesses who paid to be on facebook. What you may be thinking of is the ticker on the right hand side. But even then, that still does not tell you who has visited your page! NOTHING on facebook tells you has visited your private page, nothing! If you are a business with a business page, the rules are different, but a private page? No. It is not possible.

There is! My daughter does this often. She is always surprised at who is looking at her Facebook page and how often (it's not at all what she expected to find). She's out right now, but when she comes in I'll ask her how it's done, if no one else has posted yet.

Nope. It's bogus.

From Facebook's Help section:

Can people tell that I've looked at their timeline?

No, Facebook doesn't let people track who views their timeline. Third party apps also can't provide this functionality. If you come across an app that claims to offer this ability, please report the app.

You can see which of your FB friends have seen something sometimes, but it doesn't show people who are not FB friends. Near a post or picture it says "18 people have seen this post" or something like that, and if you click that, it pops up the who's who list. All it means is that they were on the page where the post is, though; it has no way of knowing if they actually read the words / got the information.

I've seen that on posts for groups I'm in but not on my own personal wall posts.