Menu

ACE Biology - Should I add the DVD's or Biology 101?

I have pretty much decided that ACE Biology is what I am going to go with for my daughters sophomore year. She is not a science lover, and I think she may struggle with any program out there but I really like how ACE has the DVD's and the Lab DVD's as optional additions.

My question is should I invest in the lesson DVD's which as I see it would really help her with comprehension and pronunciation of the difficult science words. I also understand that the lesson DVD's also help the student to pace their lessons and let the student know when to watch the lab DVD's. I like how they line right up with the ACE Paces. However, the cost is getting me big time. Nearly $300.

My other option is to go with just the lab DVD's and add in Biology 101 which is about $50. Of course Biology 101 is not associate with ACE so I am not sure how I would line this up to make it useful to her.

Any thoughts?

I would add in the Biology 101. My son just watched this and said he understood what he was suppose to get from his Biology book. He kept asking me for more DVDs like this. Several times he mentioned how much he liked the Biology 101 dvds and he is not one who likes science. We bought the Chemistry 101 DVDs to go with the ACE Paces Chemistry for next year.

I have pretty much decided that ACE Biology is what I am going to go with for my daughters sophomore year. She is not a science lover, and I think she may struggle with any program out there but I really like how ACE has the DVD's and the Lab DVD's as optional additions.

My question is should I invest in the lesson DVD's which as I see it would really help her with comprehension and pronunciation of the difficult science words. I also understand that the lesson DVD's also help the student to pace their lessons and let the student know when to watch the lab DVD's. I like how they line right up with the ACE Paces. However, the cost is getting me big time. Nearly $300.

My other option is to go with just the lab DVD's and add in Biology 101 which is about $50. Of course Biology 101 is not associate with ACE so I am not sure how I would line this up to make it useful to her.

Any thoughts?

My dd is using ACE Biology w/the Lab DVD only and is loving it. The PACES can be used w/o the whole DVD set; they are not dependent on the dvds for scheduling. I think to cut down on cost the 101 dvds would be a great addition.