Menu

Prayers needed

mom31257

Dh has been laid off work and in school since last summer. He is a history teacher, but he couldn't find another job right away. He decided to get a computer diploma at the local technical college so he would have more marketable skills. He had applied for a great teaching job at a big Christian school nearby and heard today that he isn't being interviewed at all. He also found out that the school isn't offering any of the classes he needs this summer which means being in school longer.

What's worse is that our church has offered to pay for him to go to the Holy Land this fall, and now he feels he can't go because he's got to focus on finishing school and/or finding a job. A Christian school teaching job would probably love for him to take the trip because it would really enrich his history teaching.

He's discouraged, and I'm stressed. Prayers would be so appreciated right now!

Relocation? Has he considered taking on-line classes? My niece changed her degree and was in the same boat....some classes are only offered at certain times. She is doing on-line classes "right now" (this semester). It isn't necessarily less expensive, but she'll finish school quicker, degree and on to working. She turns 29!!! WILL PRAY!

Relocation? Has he considered taking on-line classes? My niece changed her degree and was in the same boat....some classes are only offered at certain times. She is doing on-line classes "right now" (this semester). It isn't necessarily less expensive, but she'll finish school quicker, degree and on to working. She turns 29!!! WILL PRAY!

Relocation will be a last resort. Our dd is 16 and we think it would be a terrible time to move her from her friends. Our house has gone down greatly in value with all the housing bust, so we're not sure we could sell it for enough to get any kind of down payment on another house or even what we owe on it though we put 20% down to start with.

We will look into the online option. There might be other schools here in GA that he could transfer the credits in from.

I'm going with dh to the Tantur Ecumenical place in the HL. Might it be a possibility for your dh? He might be able to take a class there, and perhaps it could fill an elective.St. George's in Jerusalem is another place that offers transferable credit courses--for an elective.

I think the online options for courses (nonelective) would be a great choice.

I'm sorry it's so stressful.

I'm going with dh to the Tantur Ecumenical place in the HL. Might it be a possibility for your dh? He might be able to take a class there, and perhaps it could fill an elective.St. George's in Jerusalem is another place that offers transferable credit courses--for an elective.

I think the online options for courses (nonelective) would be a great choice.

I'm sorry it's so stressful.

Oh, thank you for thinking of this, but his schooling and trip are two separate things. He is taking computer web development classes at a local technical college. The trip is something that our church is wanting to send him on because he is one of the adult Bible teachers.

Thank you all for your prayers! I feel better just knowing people thinking of us. :001_smile:

I think he should take the trip, too. It's the chance of a lifetime. There is a lot of prep to get ready, reading a lot of the bible and other books as well as getting in shape. They recommend walking 7-8 miles a day the 3 months before you go.

I started talking with dd about if I had to go to work full-time. She doesn't want to go to school, and she doesn't want her little brother to go. She's willing to help with homeschooling him as well as herself if we can do some online/dvd stuff to help out with it all. I'm proud that she is willing to do that.

Relocation will be a last resort. Our dd is 16 and we think it would be a terrible time to move her from her friends. Our house has gone down greatly in value with all the housing bust, so we're not sure we could sell it for enough to get any kind of down payment on another house or even what we owe on it though we put 20% down to start with.

We will look into the online option. There might be other schools here in GA that he could transfer the credits in from.

Check with Liberty University, University of MA (brick & mortar school with online branch) or Grand Canyon University in AZ. All these have comprehensive degree programs online and are accredited.