Menu

Where on earth do I find Boys Husky size 8 pants?

CatholicMom

This is driving me crazy. I've looked at JCPenney's, Old Navy, Walmart, Target, Kmart... It seems that Husky sizes usually start in size 10? But 10 is way too long for pants for my son. And all his pants are giving him stomach aches because they are too tight. I feel bad but I can't find any clothes to fit this kid. He's not huge, but has gained some weight around the middle. He weighs about 75 and will be 9 yrs old in Sept.

Looking for Husky size 8 pants & shorts. Please help!

My dd9 likes Gap jeans, and I have noticed in addition to slim and regular, they also have a new "plus" size. I'd assume they have the same sizing trend on the boys side, but to be honest I've never had a need to check.

ETA: Out of curiosity, I just checked and looks like they do! Although in boys they apparently call it "husky" I had never heard that term until this thread. http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=87819

There are no pants that my children can wear without me sewing some modification. They are not overweight, they are just not skinny. I'm used to hemming everything, including for my husband (short legs) -- FOUR people who need their pants hemmed!

I've only found pants to fit my kids at Walmart and Land's End (online, when they have great sales and free shipping). Land's End has husky/plus sizes that put extra room in the middle, LOL. At Walmart, can you find size 10s with the elastic & button adjusters and hem them? It's not hard to hem a pair of pants.

If you can find sweat pants with the elastic around the waist AND around the ankles, you won't need to hem those. Just fit to his waist.

And, it's nearly spring/summer, right? Why not just get him some size 10 cargo shorts for the summer, you won't need to worry about hemming them, and in the fall you can see where his size is. He'll be a different size by then! HTH.

Thank goodness! This is so helpful. I never thought of GAP or Children's Place! (Maybe I'm too cheap, lol). I don't know why I couldn't find the husky pants on walmart.com. I could've sworn I looked..

I'm shopping as we speak. I think I will get one or two pairs of pants (esp for church) and some shorts since it's getting warmer. He will be so happy, and I will be so happy that he's not running around in his underwear all day because his pants hurt his stomach. LOL Thank you all so much!