Menu

Peel and stick instant chalkboard

I have some. I put it on my kitchen cabinets so no texture under it. It peels off and re-sticks well I guess. (I have only removed it once)

I only use it for writing chore lists and notes etc. It is not very thick. I would say thickness of construction paper.

I've used a set of 4 (12" panels) for the last 4 years that I purchased from Michaels Craft Store, we've even moved it from the living room to another bedroom upstairs to use as a schoolroom blackboard.

I would definitely reccommend it, but ust be aware that it IS far more easily scratched than a 'real' blackboard. Also, you might want to put it on a semi-gloss wall, we have a colorful aura around ours right now from the calk being wiped off onto a matte finish wall ... it's pretty but, not necessarily something that everyone would want to put up with.

Oh, and the bumps will definitely come through even a moderately textured wall; if you want to test it, take two pieces of construction paper and see if you can feel the bumps.