Menu

FYI: Holt Science & Math textbooks & workbooks PDF

For anyone who would like to browse before buying/borrowing (please take note of copyright). These are for middle school.

Holt Physical Science California edition

Holt Life Science California edition

Holt Earth Science

LIfe Science Study Guide (workbook) California Edition

Life Science Interactive Reader California Edition

Life Science Section and Chapters Reviews California Edition

Physical Science Study Guide (workbook) California Edition

Physical Science Interactive Reader California Edition

Earth Science Study Guide (workbook) California Edition

Earth Science Study Guide

Virtual Lab download page (publisher website) for Life, Earth and Physical

Holt Physics

Holt Chemistry

Plum Crazy post the homeschool lesson plans link in #17 (http://forums.welltr...f/#entry4832634)

PreCalculus

For the Pre Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry textbooks, try this link For the curriculum/pacing guide, use this link

Added Math textbooks (California Edition) links to original post.

Thanks, are these math books used in your area or anywhere in N. California? I'm just wondering what books are used in the top schools. I know one that uses AOPS but that's for a different track of students apparently.

Thanks, are these math books used in your area or anywhere in N. California? I'm just wondering what books are used in the top schools.

They are used by some schools in NorCal eventhough the links are to a school in SoCal. Some use Holt and some use Glencoe. I am in a "normal" school district. Below is copied from a good middle school near to me so I am not linking the source.

"In 7th grade there are three courses offered: Math 7 Skills, Math 7 AB and Algebra 1. ...... The algebra course is taught from the Holt Algebra 1 book and covers the entire textbook,

In 8th grade, we offer three different courses: Introduction to Algebra, Algebra 1, and Geometry. ... The Algebra 1 class uses Holt Algebra 1, the same curriculum as described in the 7th grade algebra class.

The Geometry class uses McDougal Littell’s Geometry for Enjoyment and Challenge and is offered to 8th graders who have successfully completed the Algebra I class in 7th grade."(bolded mine)

Right, I keep thinking Algebra starts in High School, which it still does in a couple of schools here, but I should have looked at the middle schools first.

For high school level, some examples of algebra textbooks used by the top high schools in the valley.

"ALGEBRA and TRIGONOMETRY : GRAPHS and MODELS, Bittinger, Beecher, Ellenbogen, Penna

ALGEBRA 1, Pearson Education

ALGEBRA 1, Larson, Boswell, Kanold, Stiff McDougal Littell

ALGEBRA 2, Randall Charles, et al,

ALGEBRA and TRIGONOMETRY with ANALYTIC GEOMETRY, Swokowsky, Cole Brooks/Colel"

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone curious. These are for middle school.

Holt Earth Science

ETA

Earth Science Study Guide (workbook)

Virtual Lab download pagefor Life, Earth and Physical

Plum Crazy post the homeschool lesson plans link in #17 (http://forums.welltr...f/#entry4832634)

ETA:

Pre Algebra California edition practice book

Algebra 1 California edition and practice book

Algebra 2California edition

Geometry California edition and practice book

PreCalculus

These are full content links. Wow! Just out of curiosity--where did they come from? If I download them will I be violating a copyright?

Thank you--

Andrea

Is it just me, or do these study guides not seem to match up with the book? I'm going through the Earth Science right now, and I can't figure it out.

Use this link. The above link of study guide is for California edition while the book in the non-california edition.

• 3 weeks later...

Reviving this for half a second to say that the math links no longer work, bummer. I think I have these online texts already, but I wanted to double check.

WILL be using the science stuff though! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

~coffee~

Anyone else having trouble with the virtual labs? Can I just buy a cheap used textbook off of amazon and use the above links for everything else? Does this include "do-able" labs that don't require expensive equipment? (I'm comparing to the $1200 CPO lab kit for physical science).

Also, what about this package? http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/sku/050234/81c808471f1cdfa7f6c08011

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone curious. These are for middle school.

Holt Earth Science

ETA

Earth Science Study Guide (workbook) California Edition

Earth Science Study Guide

Virtual Lab download pagefor Life, Earth and Physical

ETA:

PreCalculus

For the Pre Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry textbooks, try this link For the curriculum/pacing guide, use this link

The life science study guide link isn't working. Does anyone have another?

I just looked at/tried some of these links. I'm wondering, are these links a 'back door' into someone else's licensed versions of the online texts? It's looking like some of the links are through b&m school's pages. Which, I would think, would mean that when their license expires the links would be invalid. Anyone know? Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea what grade Holt Earth Science is for? I"m REAAAALLLY liking it!!

Kolbe has plans that use this book. (I bought 'em to use this year with my 7th grader.) They say it can be used for 6th through 8th and is definitely NOT a high school course. They schedule it in 7th.

Sorry, Penguin. The link for Holt Earth Science is published by Holt, Rinehart, & Winston - same as Holt Science & Tech Earth Science.

The table of contents are really similar (The "Allison" book has 8 units, Kolbe's text has 7, but the actual content listing looks really similar - as if they were just different versions.) I didn't notice the authors of Kolbe's text were Berry, Fronk, Hemenway, Kaska, Malin, Meech & Sager. Missed the small difference!

Root Ann, gosh...certainly no need for an apology! I find it SO HARD to sort through these science textbooks. So many editions, so many ISBNs. Ugh. I happened to be tuned into this one because I ordered a (cheap, used) copy of the Allison book, and I have been looking at the Kolbe book. They both look like great books.

I had also ordered a Teacher's Manual for the Allison book, but what showed up was another Student Text. That has happened to me twice this month. SO frustrating.

• 2 months later...