Menu

Math Mammoth and Homeschool CO-OP...questions

right now the Homeschool CO-OP is offering 20-50% off the price of Math Mammoth if enough people buy the program...but there are a few things I dont understand or wonder about....maybe someone here can help me...

1) do we have to wait until the end of the offer (March 31st) to receive the product we want?

2) is there any way of knowing how many people have bought and where the percent off is?

3) is there anyway to "change our order" if the percentage off goes up? Or is that the risk involved with this offer??

thanks.

right now the Homeschool CO-OP is offering 20-50% off the price of Math Mammoth if enough people buy the program...but there are a few things I dont understand or wonder about....maybe someone here can help me...

1) do we have to wait until the end of the offer (March 31st) to receive the product we want?

2) is there any way of knowing how many people have bought and where the percent off is?

3) is there anyway to "change our order" if the percentage off goes up? Or is that the risk involved with this offer??

thanks.

Yes, you have to wait until the end of the offer. It usually takes a few days beyond that to process all the orders.

It lists on the page how many orders there are currently and what the current group price is.

You commit to ordering at a certain percentage off, so you can choose to only buy if the discount reaches 50% (or whatever percentage works for you). For the past several years, I believe it has always gotten to 50% off.

right now the everything package and the light blue series is at 20% off...now if I were to comit to buying both packages at 50% off...then I would have to buy both packages, right? But what if I only commit to one of the 2 packages and the OTHER one hits 50%...did I lose then?

Does that question make sense? If I were buying outright, I would only buy the lt blue books...but if I could get the whole thing at 50% off...I might consider that....but I don't want to be forced into buying 2 packages, nor do I want to have to buy one package at full price, when I could have at least reeived 20% off.

Hmmmm.....not sure what to do. suggestions please???

right now the everything package and the light blue series is at 20% off...now if I were to comit to buying both packages at 50% off...then I would have to buy both packages, right? But what if I only commit to one of the 2 packages and the OTHER one hits 50%...did I lose then?

Does that question make sense? If I were buying outright, I would only buy the lt blue books...but if I could get the whole thing at 50% off...I might consider that....but I don't want to be forced into buying 2 packages, nor do I want to have to buy one package at full price, when I could have at least reeived 20% off.

Hmmmm.....not sure what to do. suggestions please???

In the past, orders for all products have been grouped together (so 100 everything, 10 light blue, and 15 dark blue would get all products to 125), and all products get the same discount. I'm pretty sure it is the same this time (if you look currently, "Current quantity ordered" is 15 for all products, though the number of conditional orders varies on each one).

Does that make sense?

I'd email the co-op if you want to be sure they haven't changed policies.

Personally, I don't think the "Everything" bundle makes sense unless you're dealing with a bunch of different needs (ie. one kid who needs a full curriculum, and another who only needs focused review in different subjects). Light blue and dark blue are the same content, just arranged differently, so there's no real benefit to having both. Green and gold are extra practice without the teaching (and go up to a higher level), but most people find that the blue workbooks provide more than enough practice in themselves, and the green/gold are best for supplementing a different curriculum. You can also generate extra practice sheets for free using the included Soft-pak software or the online worksheet generator Maria runs (http://www.homeschoolmath.net/). "Make It Real" looks cool, but it's still cheaper to buy one of the blue series plus that than the "Everything" package. The "States by Numbers" workbooks are, to my understanding, the same (or very similar) content with the numbers varying by state, so you're going to be better off just buying an individual state from the MM webstore rather than buying all 50 unless you're teaching a class or something.

I just thought of something else...with all of the other books I bought, I consider the resale value when I buy them...I can't resell downloads...so what do you do with them when you are done...just delete them? That just seems weird to me...am I missing something??