Menu

You've got to be kidding me

Mom-ninja.

I worked out this morning like I usually do. It is now very evident that I have exercised (in olfactory terms). I got a drink of water, let the dog out, and the phone rings. It's dh telling me that I can't do laundry or SHOWER because the septic is backed up and needs to be pumped out.

Really?! I find this out *after* I get myself nice and smelly?

Dh says he had a meeting this morning and couldn't call me earlier. Okay..... He couldn't wake me? He says he didn't think he needed to disturb my sleep. He couldn't say leave me a NOTE?

Well, it's much too cold for the hose in the yard even if my neighbors are at work.

On the bright side....I exercised today.

Actually, depending on your shower stall, you could still take a shower. If it's a shower/bathtub combo, just stop up the drain like you would for a bath. Shower as usual except that your feet will be sitting in the bath water. Running the water won't affect the septic, only draining the water will affect it.

Now if you only have a shower stall with a door this won't work. Then you are back to my other suggestion of just take a bath.

Our water heater was broken 2 weeks ago. Then our toilet and now the septic. Geesh.

I was going to do the tub suggestion but then......I decided to take the dog to my mom's house today (she's pet sitting for us this weekend) instead of tomorrow. So, yes, I am driving an hour and a half one way to get a shower.

To be fair other circumstances have arisen to prompt this decision. Such as my ds lost part of his filling (while flossing) and the dentist is not in today so I have to take him tomorrow and hence can't drive the dog to my mom's house tomorrow. We leave Friday to camp so today I must drop the dog off and I get the bonus of a shower. My mom laughed and asked if I was bringing laundry over too. Not a bad idea...... ;)

Well, we are without power and water today because of the storm, and I can't even drive into town to shower or get extra supplies.

It sucks.

Hope you get power soon. We once lost power for 5 days due to a hurricane. Not fun. We now have a generator and have not had to use it once. Figures.