Menu

Who did this? Email nickname.

Miss Peregrine

This thread is making me laugh so hard-- I really needed a laugh, so thank you ladies!

In fairness to SIL however, isn't it true that if she copied your address from someone else's email to both of you, it would have the nickname that original person assigned? Did you give her your email first yourself? For example if someone sends you one of those little 'address cards' that goes into your email address book automatically.

I might just be inventing an extra person for you to be furious with...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is making me laugh so hard-- I really needed a laugh, so thank you ladies!

In fairness to SIL however, isn't it true that if she copied your address from someone else's email to both of you, it would have the nickname that original person assigned? Did you give her your email first yourself? For example if someone sends you one of those little 'address cards' that goes into your email address book automatically.

I might just be inventing an extra person for you to be furious with...

The other recipients are her family and none of them had my address.

I will be home in about an hour and then I will double check with tech support(my son)

The other recipients are her family and none of them had my address.

I will be home in about an hour and then I will double check with tech support(my son)

This is cracking me up.

Dh has EX as the nickname for xw....so she sees it every time he emails her? I asked him once and he said, "I hope so".

I'm starting to wonder if someone is playing a mean joke on your SIL. Does she have someone in her life who might think it hilarious to give rude names to all or some of the contacts in her email list so she would unwittingly send out the emails and then get nasty replies back?

Either your SIL is really really immature or someone else who is really really immature is playing a dirty trick on her.

This is actually a good point. I had someone who got into my computer and did some stuff, and thought they were being funny. I had no idea what they did until like a year later when something came up and it was extremely embarassing, and no one believed me. So, it is definitely possible.

In honor of this thread I changed some names in my address book.

My sisters are twins. So, I've renamed them Twerpy little sister A and Twerpy little sister B.

Now, I'm waiting to see how long it takes them to realize it. They will laugh because we call each other Henry, George and Joe on facebook all the time.

It's been a few hours since I first read your thread and I'm still snickering over that nickname. I read this thread to my family and they all burst out laughing at the nickname.

But I am sad for you for your hurt feelings.

But that name!! Turd Nugget! The fact that you changed your avatar name to Turd Nugget has me laughing all the more.

In honor of this thread I changed some names in my address book.

My sisters are twins. So, I've renamed them Twerpy little sister A and Twerpy little sister B.

Now, I'm waiting to see how long it takes them to realize it. They will laugh because we call each other Henry, George and Joe on facebook all the time.

Oh,oh, oh.... maybe we should all change our "bee" designations to "turd nugget wannabees"! :lol:

I think it's really strange, if that's not her normal sense of humor. My sil tolerates me and if I saw that I wouldn't think it was weird because that's exactly something she would do. I'd probably brush it off as a joke with your sil sense it is such a silly nickname...rather than be rude about it and turn into A Thing.

I do wonder if there is some other explanation. For example, I messed up something on my phone, so now when my mother in law calls, the name and picture of our (male) piano teacher comes up. So maybe she's got someone else on her emails list that she DOES have a joking relationship with that it somehow got mixed up with?

Maybe you could sign your emails "T.N." and let her wonder what it meant?

:grouphug:

I hope you weren't hurt over this, although I can see where you should be. I try to take a look at how my reaction will affect my relationship down the road (not always though, plenty of times I get 'witty' and hit send - sadly enough). I would definitely treat it lightly if only to embarrass her and show that she's not worth getting angry over. I feel quite sure she didn't realize that it would send that way. I would imagine other people would be angry at her on your behalf.

My sister occasionally does dumb things similar and I try to adopt the air of, "Poor dear, will she ever grow up?" laughing attitude over it. By anyone else's standards, you win on the grace area since she is so clearly in the wrong.

If I were her, I would be squirming. Kudos for taking the high road! (Plus sometimes the high road is more fun!)

Yes, on mine it would / does show up.

So does that mean when I email back it shows up with the subject line as coming from "Turd Nugget?"

I wouldn't think it was a real funny either. Every time she sends a mass e-mail you will be out there as that. So...personally I wouldn't put my stamp of approval on it and return the favor, but I'd speak to her and make sure she changed it to avoid future hurt and drama.

Ooohhh, and I have to admit, I laughed until I cried after reading it; secretly I want to go in and edit my mil's contact.

I'm guessing that SIL is trying to figure out how to do some damage control, but has come to the realization that there's no graceful way out of this, so she's hoping that if she ignores it, it will go away.

She sounds like quite the turd nugget to me.

Is she married to your brother? Does he have that kind of sense of humor with his (baby?) sister? I could see a humorous brother pull that kind of joke of more than a sil that you don't have a close relationship with. Maybe he did it awhile ago and forgot about it (and she doesn't know or hasn't noticed).

I really need an update too. But then, what can the SIL possibly say? "So I decided to call you a Turd Nugget because...."

No matter how you polish that turd, there's just no good explanation. :D

You know, Myth Busters proved that you actually CAN polish a turd. It looks nice when it's polished. :)