Menu

I need prayers for my dad.

He's in the hospital right now. We need to get him transferred to a Long Term Acute Care Hospital, instead of back to the nursing home.

The LTAC hospital doesn't have a bed open for my dad yet.

The hopsital dad's in has to discharge him tomorrow, because he's not sick enough to stay there.

If he gets sent back to the nursing home, he'll just get another infection and end up back in the hospital again.

We need a place to open up for dad in the LTAC hospital.

I'm doing all I can. Prayer is appreciated. Dad's doing better, but going back to the nursing home instead of the LTAC hospital is going to set him back.

Praying.

In the meantime . . . the hospital is responsible for discharging/transferring your dad to an appropriate level of care. If a LTAC facility is the appropriate level, then they have to keep him until a bed becomes available. In most circumstances a nursing home is considered a (sometimes significantly) lower level of care than a LTAC facility, although some nursing homes are designated as LTAC facilities. Clear as mud?

Praying.

In the meantime . . . the hospital is responsible for discharging/transferring your dad to an appropriate level of care. If a LTAC facility is the appropriate level, then they have to keep him until a bed becomes available. In most circumstances a nursing home is considered a (sometimes significantly) lower level of care than a LTAC facility, although some nursing homes are designated as LTAC facilities. Clear as mud?

I understand what you're saying, But the reality of healthcare in Flint does not work that way, unfortunately.