Menu

Hoover floormate?

twinmami01

My shark steam mop finally died!:( It was almost 3 years old and it was the basic bare bones model. The hubby just came home with the Hoover floormate. I've seen it on t.v. a few times and it looks pretty cool. When I've read the reviews online, it seems you either love it or hate it. Would love to hear what you guys think?

I just got a floormate, so I can't speak to performance over time. So far, it does exactly what I wanted it to do. I have a Shark steam mop, too, but it doesn't do a very good job on my textured tile floor. The Floormate brushes scrub into those crannies. I'm happy with it.

I have a floormate and love it, it isn't great for quick cleanups, but gets the floors cleaner than anything else I have ever used. I do fine it easier to use a separate spray bottle, or even a pitcher with some cleaner and water to dump on the floors and then spread it around with the floormate. We have a big expanse to clean and the little clean water container empties out really quickly.

I love my floormates! Yes, I have 2.

I have one that I use for work (I clean houses) and one that I use for home. Actually the one I have for home is a big, beefy one that has the attatchments and I don't like it was much. The cheapy one is a work horse!

I use it on 2-3 houses every single week. And I haven't had any problems with it. My big one needed a new hose which I bought on line for $12. Make sure you change your filters. I buy them on line also.

I recently got a steamer (one of my clients doesn't like the way the hoover streaks her wood floor). I like it for hardwood, but not for tile or vinyl.

My floormate that I use for other homes is 3 years old.

I can't say enough good things about them. And I think they do clean much better than steam mops.