Menu

A semi truck hit my girls school bus today and left them

clarkacademy

He left a bus load of school kids, of peoples babies on the side of the road. He left two of the people that make my life worth living. I got a text, one text and the world stopped spinning, we are in a wreck. That is all it said and for a moment I didn't breathe. My bio daughters life flashed before me, my adopted girls last two years flooded my heart. I saw my two girls beautiful now broken and bloody. I got in the car and just started driving. I just drove the way I knew the bus came until I saw the sirens. I just kept thnking please God not my girls, not my girls. They have their whole lives ahead of them. One is straight A's doing college level courses and the other one has had such a rough road but is still the best you could ask for. I had to park pretty far away and walk into the scene looking for those two girls.

Looking for two of the people that complete my world wondering if they would both be there, whole and safe. I found my girls. Not a scratch on them some others were not so lucky. Kids were everywhere some just staring in shock. My girls were holding each other until I arrived. My bio girl kept saying don't cry or mom will cry. My adopted girl just squezzed me with tears in her eyes. They were almost not released to me I had run out with no purse or lisense. The lady asked the girls is this your mom both girls said yes. She stared hard at my other girl and said is this your mom? She started crying and said it is the only momma she has ever had. They let us leave then.

My daughter said she heard the breaks, the metal crushing and she thought death was coming. The semi left them along with another car crushed up into the back of the bus. The driver of the car was a 16 year old girl. He left them. I came home with my girls. Shaken but whole some parents had to meet theirs at the hospital. In one afternoon my life almost changed forever with no warning. I cannot see life without my two girls. This weekend I will try not to worry about chores and teen mouths and I will just thank God I have those two here to drive me crazy. I cannot believe how drastic a second can change your life. I hope that driver is haunted by the sound of children screaming until he goes insane. I cannot believe he left them.

That is horrible! I'm so sorry! Love on those precious girls!

My dh was the victim of a hit-and-run by a semi a few years ago on the interstate, and amazingly, he walked away. It takes a while to get over the feeling that the outcome could've been so very different.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

They were best friends. The girls were best friends in 8th grade. Toward the end of the year my daughter came to me and said her mom left her and her dad has to work all the time can't she be one of us? She has been one of mine ever since me and her dad sharing her. I cannot imagine life without her calling me mom and the two of them driving me nuts.

Wow. That makes me want to go wake up the babies and hug them and never let go.

I hope the cops find that driver before one of you parents do.

I pity him if they do. I live out in the country and people have no issue going after someone over their kid! I just cannot get that horrible dread feeling off. I keep looking in thinking what if?? I cannot imagine how they feel as the actual victim I can only think how blessed I am right now.

Oh, my word! I just kept praying you would say everyone survived while I read. The first post. Thank God! I hope the driver recovers.

Lots of reasons the driver didn't stop. Most possibilities that run through my head are that he was illegal in some rather large way.

Thankfully tomorrow is a weekend. Its hard to imagine the fear of parents and children going onto the school bus on monday. :grouphug:

Hope the elderly woman taken to hospital recover well.

We live way out and have to take these back highways everywhere there are always semis and I am scared too death of them now. Ironically my retired police officer father just decided to go back to work ......as a truck driver

We had an aquantance involved in a hit and run. Back country roads, he was drunk, so he was walking to the store. A car hit him, injuring him, but it was dark and he'd been drinking so he knew little information. The police found her anyway. They will find this guy, there is no way a semi can get away.

Peace and thoughts to all those involved.

:grouphug: I hope they catch the arsehole and nail his arse to the wall. I still remember that feeling when I was told a semi hit my ds9's camp van in july 2011 and coming up to the scene before EMS got there and seeing the van he was in laying on it's roof. The driver of the semi that hit my son did not flee, by the time I was done with him I am sure he wished he had. The lawsuit should be done by fall. My son will have college paid for from the lawsuit I filed against the driver as a result of his injuries.

I am so very very happy that your girls are okay physically. Praying for all the families hugging their kids close and thanking God for protecting them. I found after the accident my anxiety was much higher than his. He had nightmares for months afterwards and is still terrified of vehicles (after the semi accident he was in 2 more minor accidents, he has no faith in other drivers at all). But here we are 20 months post accident and talking about it still brings tears to my eyes and my heart pounding as I picture the scene as it was when I arrived and I think about the miracle that occured saving my baby boy.

Off to hug my kids again tonight.

Thank God your girls are OK!!! I can't even imagine your terror as you were trying to find them and you saw the wreckage. :crying:

I hope they catch the horrible person who drove away after seeing injured kids -- or anyone, for that matter! Who could just drive away from a terrible accident? :angry:

Thanks everyone. My daughter couldn't sleep she was up and down all night. We just talked through it. My other girl slept like a log so thats good! As of now I know nothing else that I didn't know lastnight. I know that today is a new day and we are going to chill at home! Thanks again everyone.