Menu

June Royal Fireworks Press (MCT etc) homeschooling conference (PA)!!!

Luckymama

Look what just came in my email:

[T]his is first announcement of a Royal Fireworks Press Homeschool Curriculum Conference June 28 and 29, 2013 at Valley Forge, featuring:

• Michael Clay Thompson on Language Arts

• Dr Shelagh Gallagher on Problem Based Learning in the homeschool

• Dr Frances Spielhagen on teaching Latin

• Laurel Doge on nature study

• William Stepien on American history

• Dr Thomas Milton Kemnitz on teaching ancient Greek and Roman history (time and space permitting)

A more complete announcement will be made next week.

:party: :party: :party:

I am sooooooooooo there!! Attending the mini conference two summers ago at which both MCT and SWB spoke was amazing----plus I met some fabulous women there ;)

I'm going to go :) I missed it two years ago, and was sad it wasn't an option last year. I'm still sad I missed seeing SWB:( I have one local HS conference that I attend just for the used book and curriculum fair, but I have zero interest in the speakers there. So I am really, really excited to see this! I just forwarded the email to DH so he can take that Friday off, hopefully!

I will be there with bells on--not only because I have workshops to present, but because last time it was a wonderful experience! This conference has an academic focus. It is small and great for hanging out and talking with other homeschool moms. Last time we had a wonderful dinner out together, a curriculum view/swap/sale, and time to get together and swap tips and get support. Be aware that Dr. Kemnitz has arranged new and greatly improved accommodations for us! I am looking forward to seeing many of you there.

I'm moving to the Philly area this spring! Is there somewhere to register online?

More information will be out next week. I expect we'll be able to register only as we did so two years ago.

It will be nice to meet you and welcome you to the area :)

• 1 month later...

This conference focuses on academics and has sessions for children. It is the kids' opportunity to get to meet MCT in person, have two sessions specially for them, and for their parents to learn from him about his approach to Grammar, Vocabulary, Poetics, Writing and LIterature. Booking is open now and the schedule available to download. Also in the packed two days at Valley Forge: Dr Shelagh Gallagher, Laurel Dodge, Dr Dave (Science), sessions on Teaching Latin, American History and more science from homeschooler, as well as Dr Tom Kemnitz on Ancient Rome and Classical Greece, and a session on IPad textbooks. Here's the link to information and registration.