Menu

Monkey

Pamela H in Texas

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this is my last day as her mommy. And yet, is it? Seriously, can ANYONE take that from us?

My wall of her is awesome. Wish I could share. It shows her when she first got here and couldn't even sit

steady through becoming the toddler with the most personality on earth. She is just an awesome little

creature. So smart, funny, dramatic. This feels surreal. I couldn't have let go of Kimberly at 20 months either.

How can I be expected to just let my littlest daughter go?

This is so sad. When my dd was 6 months I took her to Germany to visit friends for a couple of weeks. She was nursing and happy with me. But when we arrived home and she woke up to her daddy's face looking down at her she just stared and patted him for hours. It was like she thought she would never see him again. The little ones know. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

THanks Rebecca (and everyone else). Honestly, this morning was MUCH easier than yesterday.

Well, for me. Not hubby. He is doing *really* poorly with this. I think me being able to bawl helps...maybe.

The CPS workers got here early which was frustrating as we had JUST gotten her ready and wanted to take pictures and be silly with her.

They said something about how smart she was and showing off so I said, "come see this."

I took her to the map and said, "show them Texas" and she says it over and over and points. I said, "Where is Canada?" She points. I ask about Nevada. She likes the sound of that one and says it over and over and points to it.

It wasn't that I was making her perform so much as showing her what they are taking her from, people who care enough to work with her on a number of things (she knows her shapes, except she'll argue about the hexagon, colors, letters and sounds, a few states, etc). I am the one who did speech, OT, and PT with her. She is where she is because she is that awesome and had US to work with her because we love her so incredibly much.

Anyway, as they were walking down the driveway, the caseworker said, "she isn't worried because she is sure she'll be back later." The other says, "but she won't." <sigh>

She is currently on a plane.

In better news, one worker said something about seeing us on skype. *I* didn't say anything to them about that so the people in NC must have. So maybe they really do intend to.

Little Monkey, we love you!

Okay, now I'm losing it....seriously losing it. I know part of it is because I'm tired. And I'm so afraid what she is starting to think. NEVER in the last 11½ months have we been separated so long! This is terrible. My poor baby not understanding where we are or why she can't have us. I know she probably is still in her "aren't I so cute?" moments with her; but the caseworker says she lasts about 2 hours at visits (with her bioparents). A couple hours and here she's been gone SEVEN.

But my heart hurts for us too. And country music is very very very sad. Love Without End, Amen anyone? How about The Dance?

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared beneath the stars above

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance

I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything

For a moment wasn't I the king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall

Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance

I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

I love her so incredibly much. I just want my sweet baby home, safe and sound and bonded and ready to run the world.

I hate that she may be so confused and hurt and scared.

I wish I could have protected her.

:(