Menu

Easy Peasy

lexi

I am using parts of EP. My ds10 is using the English which he really enjoys - in fact he asks for it. We are using geography, art, and the pre-school program. My preschoolers love the Getting Ready program. One of my older girls is using Spanish. It's a fantastic resource going by what I've used so far.

We did part of Getting Ready 1 and all of Getting Ready 2 last year for kindergarten.  I don't really have an opinion about the other years, but I am extremely happy with what we accomplished.  My DD can read!  And she now loves to read everything. 

We sometimes did two lessons in one day in order to stay within our scheduled school year.  I also skipped a lot of the videos.  DD seemed to get the concepts without them.  I also supplemented with kindergarten workbooks I had already purchased and fun Charlotte Mason activities like nature study and music and picture study.

• 2 months later...
Guest Person101

6th:

Pygmalion-Sum Read

Short story-1 every other week

Poems

Read Comp WS

1/9wks:  The War of the Jews, St. Ignatius, The Story of Mankind (excerpt), A Farewell to Arms

7th

The Call of the Wild-Sum Read

Short story-1 every other week

Poems

Read Comp WS

1/9wks:  Billy Budd, The Red Badge of Courage, Evergreen, 1984