Menu

Sorry, just b/c it is bedtime...

shanvan

(and you know it's bedtime, and you know what time bedtime is b/c it happens every night) does not mean you now need to have dessert b/c you didn't get to it earlier b/c you were too busy occupying yourself. Geesh!

I fully expect to be hearing about some sort of an itch or possible rash, or something very soon, but really, isn't 11 getting to be too old for this nonsense?

You're never too old to battle against bedtime! I still battle against bedtime! I hate going to bed.

Fight the power!!! Down with bedtime!!! :boxing_smiley:

Just kidding - I feel your pain. :glare:

Uggh! You're both right. I fight it too. I dropped my book twice last night b/c I was FALLING ASLEEP and still picked it back up and tried to read.

Hmmm...maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :blushing:

Or, maybe I'm advocating the 'do as I say, not as I do' idea otherwise know as 'it's okay if I do it'.

I dunno.... Dessert before Bedtime.... sounds like an "inalienable right" to me!

I was always pretty hard-core about bedtime, but DH would frequently surrender to the sad-eyes and serve up that late-night-snack....

Oh, yeah, Dh looked suspiciously close to caving.

I've always been a night owl, so I see both sides of this dilemma. I want to stay up until the wee hours of the morning, but I feel like my kids need to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

I think my mom stopped insisting on a certain bedtime when I was around 11 or 12. She knew I was just going to turn the lights back on and start reading again a few minutes after she left my room. So I think she just finally decided it wasn't worth arguing over. I remember her giving me late snacks quite often too. I turned out fine. ;)