Menu

What's for dinner?

amo_mea_filiis.

We're a bit heavy on carbs tonight! I forgot my cards in my father's car last Thursday so i didnt have a chance to go food shopping. But i think its a good thing. We have food, and money will roll over that i would have spent.

Anyway, we each picked something. I LOVE black eyed peas. Dd picked rice cooked in chicken broth. Ds wanted biscuits.

It's kind of catch as catch can around here tonight. My son has choir followed by tap class, and my daughter needs me to pick her up from the dance studio where she's interning at 6:00 and deliver her promptly to a tech rehearsal for the show she's opening this weekend. So, I baked two kinds of bread earlier. My daughter made herself hummus sandwiches and packed them to eat in the car between work and rehearsal. My son is eating mashed potatoes and apple slices with a ginormous glass of chocolate soy milk right now (I know, but it was filling and fit the schedule) and will eat some healthy snacks (protein bar, banana, etc.) in the car between choir and dance.

I left some sliced bread and a plate of cheese and onion slices so my husband can assemble some sandwiches for himself whenever he gets home.

I will eat something at some point, when I get a chance to breathe.

I am making something that I have not made in an age. Chicken/spinach meatballs and cracked wheat cooked in vegetable juice. The bulgar (cracked wheat) is toasted with garlic, then the V-8 and some water is added. It is now in a covered bowl contemplating. Later I will make the meatballs, fry them a bit, then add the cracked wheat mixture back to the skillet where the flavors are allowed to meld.

My husband always liked this meal. I don't know why I had forgotten about it.

I "plan" to make a new chicken orzo dish but today is not going as planned.... Dh will probably get the choice of

making the new dish or picking something up on his way home. If I weren't on here, it would help but I stopped by

on my way to print something :laugh:

I "plan" to make a new chicken orzo dish but today is not going as planned.... Dh will probably get the choice of

making the new dish or picking something up on his way home. If I weren't on here, it would help but I stopped by

on my way to print something :laugh:

And the "picking something up" wins..... pizza it is....

We're having this thing we call Indian tacos.

Instead of beef, it is grilled curried chicken.

Instead of taco sauce, it is yogurt with mint, cumin and lemon.

Instead of taco shells, it is naan.

Instead of lettuce, tomato and cheese, it is lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and red onion.

ETA: I had fresh cilantro, so we added that as a topping, too. This is one of my ds's most frequent requests. He says it's even better with the cilantro. Yummy!

Instead of lettuce, tomato and cheese, it is lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and red onion.

Mmmmm that sounds really good!

We were supposed to go out to pub trivia tonight, but it's cold and wet so we're staying home. We're having Chicken Milanese with lemon broccoli brown rice and a small side salad. And wine... it feels so chilly tonight might be a two glass night.

Complete repeat of Sunday's dinner: roasted chicken, farro risotto, roasted carrots and turnips in a maple glaze. I carved just enough chicken for this meal and then froze the rest in one-cup units for future use; also made stock with giblets, carcass, and vegetable odds and ends that I keep in my freezer.

ETA: I had fresh cilantro, so we added that as a topping, too. This is one of my ds's most frequent requests. He says it's even better with the cilantro. Yummy!

That is really weird...the hospital my DD goes to sells these all the time for lunch.no fresh cilantro, tho.