Menu

I got to channel The Stig

Parrothead

It was wildly exhilarating and horribly scary at the same time. Who knew driving 4 block round trip could be so incredibly exciting?

I took dd to dance lesson 2 blocks away then went the other direction to the store a few blocks from that. It is snowing and the plow trucks are no where to be found. As I turned left off the main road to my secondary road I skidded sideways toward both the power pole and the oncoming car.

I remembered to steer into the slide and eventually the tires caught up with the rest of the car (or is that the other way around?) and I made it home.

All I could think after the fact is that it must be an awful lot of fun being the Star in the Reasonably Price Car on Top Gear UK.

When I was younger (and even less sensible) I was regularly a passenger in cars doing a 'hand-brakey' on dirt roads with gravel corners.

It is quite exhilerating isn't it waiting for the car to righten?

I really, really hope my child shows more sense than her mum during that age bracket.