Menu

Did I break amazon prime?

Parrothead

Or maybe I hit the limit.

I put in a large order today. Everything in the order is Prime eligible. It says everything is in stock. One item will be here Friday. That is a day later than usual. I can maybe understand that. But the rest won't be here until Monday. That is 6 days from today.

I wonder if I hit some sort of limit for the year.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

try canceling everything, and putting the orders through in smaller batches.

eta: okay, I'm lazy. I don't do huge orders. I"ll put numerous small orders through. sometimes even on the same day and feel guilty that they could ship so much more efficiently if I sent the orders through together. Maybe I've been assuring I'll get my orders in two days instead. . . . .

weird. I did have an order last week that was delayed because weather delayed the shipping company, but other than that, I've never had a prime item come late unless it was one of those that had "available after" dates - I hope you didn't break it, Amazon Prime is often the only thing I can count on :laugh:

did you maybe accidentally check the "free standard shipping on orders over $25" instead of the "prime shipping" when you checked out? Prime shipping is the default on mine, but the first option is the "free shipping - 5-9 days" or something like that - I never look that close when I'm checking out, since it defaults to Prime, but if it got accidentally changed or something, I think it could affect your shipping time. I'm always a bit confused as to why that would even be an option - yeah, sure give me the slower free shipping..that's why I'm a prime member. Duh. I don't think any primer user would ever check that option

Ahem.

Six days?

S-i-x d-a-y-s????

Biting my forum tongue.

:leaving:

(Please note I am joking. I find it humourous from my vantage point in Australia to see posts about 'slow' shipping times! I received my huge once-a-year box from Rainbow Resource today. :001_wub: It took three weeks, which I thought was really good!!! How I wish I could get Amazon Prime and get those fast, cheap deliveries! :drool5: )

I could have written your post, Skeeterbug.

I'm currently waiting for our new math books. I have been waiting for two weeks now, and yesterday I received an email telling me that they are having troubles and can't deliver this week. They did not say if they are able to deliver next week, so probably not.... This is from a Dutch publisher....apparently schools only buy at certain times and they are not prepared for an order in January...sigh.

This has happened to me several times--once during the holidays and the rest for my son's second semester book orders. I selected the prime 2 day shipping option and then when it popped out the deliver window it was 6-10 days.

Very unhappy--definitely won't count on prime for college book orders from now on.

I *think* it might because of the USPS cut backs . Some things are showing from me to be longer than 2 days till delivery, but they still get here in two, mostly because our PO would rather deliver boxes than mail!

However, if my guess is true, amazon needs to work out a deal with alternate carriers to abide by its commitment to its Prime customers.

Or maybe I hit the limit.

I put in a large order today. Everything in the order is Prime eligible. It says everything is in stock. One item will be here Friday. That is a day later than usual. I can maybe understand that. But the rest won't be here until Monday. That is 6 days from today.

I wonder if I hit some sort of limit for the year.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

Did you put it in very late in the day yesterday? Then it could count as Thursday. So two days from today (Thurs) would be Saturday. If Saturday doesn't count as a day, then Monday would be two days. (here, I sometimes get Sat delivery, sometimes not.) Also, if books are in a warehouse in a time zone different from yours, not sure what time applies....

I'd be interested to know what happens with your order.

try canceling everything, and putting the orders through in smaller batches.

eta: okay, I'm lazy. I don't do huge orders. I"ll put numerous small orders through. sometimes even on the same day and feel guilty that they could ship so much more efficiently if I sent the orders through together. Maybe I've been assuring I'll get my orders in two days instead. . . . .

I placed two separate orders, one in the morning and one at night, on Sunday and got all the items in one box yesterday. That surprised me.

Did you put it in very late in the day yesterday? Then it could count as Thursday. So two days from today (Thurs) would be Saturday. If Saturday doesn't count as a day, then Monday would be two days. (here, I sometimes get Sat delivery, sometimes not.) Also, if books are in a warehouse in a time zone different from yours, not sure what time applies....

I agree with this in theory, except it's currently Wednesday morning in the U.S.. Thing ordered late yesterday should count as Wednesday orders and be here Friday.

I never expect deliveries on weekends, so Monday would be "3 day delivery" if I order from late Tuesday until Wednesday afternoon.

You can't break Prime! I would so miss my daily chats with the UPS guy!

I've had a couple things lately come too late for the first time in many years of using Prime. But it also seems like they've tightened up a bit on what counts as "two days." I think Saturday used to more commonly be a day but lately I have the option to pay even more for Saturday delivery if I order late Thursday or Friday.

I agree with this in theory, except it's currently Wednesday morning in the U.S.. Thing ordered late yesterday should count as Wednesday orders and be here Friday.

I never expect deliveries on weekends, so Monday would be "3 day delivery" if I order from late Tuesday until Wednesday afternoon.

OOPS!!!!!!! I got my days mixed up. Now, I know it's Wednesday, but I posted when I first got up. Thank you for being so polite about it! Luckily, I don't run Amazon's shipping dept....

I don't think they count weekends as days. So they might consider the order to have technically been placed on Monday. And so then Wednesday would be two days.

When I order, weekends don't seem to count as days. So that if I order something late on Friday, it's like placing a Monday order, and it's not scheduled to be here until Wednesday, although sometimes they deliver early. That said, I've noticed more and more things coming in the mail rather than UPS, and sometimes that seems to slow things down a bit. I've been a Prime member for 6 or 7 years, and this is the first time that is happening. Not enough to really bother me, but enough to notice.

did you maybe accidentally check the "free standard shipping on orders over $25" instead of the "prime shipping" when you checked out? Prime shipping is the default on mine, but the first option is the "free shipping - 5-9 days" or something like that - I never look that close when I'm checking out, since it defaults to Prime, but if it got accidentally changed or something, I think it could affect your shipping time. I'm always a bit confused as to why that would even be an option - yeah, sure give me the slower free shipping..that's why I'm a prime member. Duh. I don't think any primer user would ever check that option

No, I checked. When I looked at it prior to posting about it there is an option to "change shipping speed." I thought maybe I needed to change the speed to prime, but it was already selected.

When I looked at it this morning the only options are to track shipping on a shipping soon package and cancel order. so maybe it is getting ready to ship.

Ahem.

Six days?

S-i-x d-a-y-s????

Biting my forum tongue.

(Please note I am joking. I find it humourous from my vantage point in Australia to see posts about 'slow' shipping times! I received my huge once-a-year box from Rainbow Resource today. :001_wub: It took three weeks, which I thought was really good!!! How I wish I could get Amazon Prime and get those fast, cheap deliveries! :drool5: )

Any thoughts of living in Australia have just been smashed :laugh:

That has happened to me several times, Chucki. I ordered two non-book items last Thursday, and the package got here yesterday. Until a couple of months ago, if I ordered something on Thursday, it got here on Saturday. Now the package shows up on Monday-Wednesday. It is mildly frustrating.

I usually get Saturday delivery too.

I wonder what is going on. I'm thinking there may be a rate hike in the near future.

I'll let you know.

In the past I've gotten Saturday delivery. Those come Fed Ex.

I put the order in mid afternoon on Thursday. Then I ordered something else. That has shipped and is half way here.

Ahem.

Six days?

S-i-x d-a-y-s????

Biting my forum tongue.

reminds me of my daughter, loudly and long, complaining about how unreasonable it was that her professor allowed additional students into one of her classes - it just made it way too big. they ended with a total of 15 students. :lol: