Menu

DDs MIL is so annoying sometimes

PrincessMommy

Ugh! Hugs to your dd! Just wait until the baby is here - it may kick up a notch!

I know! This is exactly what I'm concerned about.

Vent all you want. :grouphug:

It sounds like your dd needs her dh to politely-but-firmly put his mom in her place NOW, and to be sure she knows that all decisions regarding the baby will be made by the happy couple... not the MIL.

Sadly, I'm a little worried that that won't happen. Sigh.

DD isn't actually saying ANYTHING to me. The few times she's said stuff I've said, "You know...this is YOUR baby." my dd then backs off and says "Well, she didn't really mean it that way." Oh brother ... I'm worried. :crying: So, I'm trying to bite my tongue so that when she gets to the breaking point she'll feel like she can come to me if need be. I don't want to be another person nagging her either, KWIM? But, I wish it were different.

Thanks for letting be blow off some steam.

Sadly, I'm a little worried that that won't happen. Sigh.

My MIL likes to micro-manage too and it actually gets on hubby's nerve more than mine. What helped us was buying the baby layette and the rest of baby gear ahead of time so that MIL don't surprise us with things that we don't want but have not bought. Ironically my older is SPD hyper from day one and throw her for a loop.

Take your daughter shopping and have fun :)