Menu

The Meat Truck Man was here!!!

mommaduck

I must of missed the previous meat truck topics so indulge me please (and we raise a lot of our meat and live in the sticks so I doubt I'll see a meat truck man out here)...what is the deal with the Meat Truck Man? :)

Just the running joke of guys showing up to sell meat out of the back of their truck. Interesting how many people are doing this.

I must of missed the previous meat truck topics so indulge me please (and we raise a lot of our meat and live in the sticks so I doubt I'll see a meat truck man out here)...what is the deal with the Meat Truck Man? :)

We're pretty rural and we get one from time to time. The most memorable was the one that came the day we brought my youngest home from the hospital. I was asleep on the couch when the guy knocked at the door. Then my husband followed him out to his truck to look in the cooler. My husband was trying to herd him back to his truck, but the guy was so sure he had made a sale. He didn't seem to understand how my husband could say no once he had seen the meat.

Thankfully all the dogs go crazy whenever someone pulls into our driveway. It gives me a chance to politely decline both the meat truck guy and the Jehovah's Witness folks before their feet hit the ground.

We've had the meat truck pull up once. They must be persistent types, 'cause they actually waited around for me to answer the door after their knock was met with the neurotic greeting of my 60+ pound pit bull crew. That's a rarity. Anyway, the dogs didn't get rid of them, but a few words quickly threw them off their game and sent them packing: 'We're vegetarians' seems to be a pretty effective strategy.