Menu

K Science: ES Intro to Science or Sonlight A

celticadea

I am looking for a planned out science program with 'experiments' and kit to do with my DD for K next year. I want it to be a general overview, directed (for me), fun, and come with or work with a specific lab kit. I am not good about finding all the little pieces or putting things together. I really need it to be scripted to keep me on track.

I'm currently toying between Elemental Science Intro to Science or Sonlight Science A.

Any thoughts?

I used ES Intro. to Science 2 years ago and will be doing it again next year when my DD is kindergarten age. It was fun, easy, and got done (very gentle). ES didn't sell any kits to go along with the curriculum at that point (I don't think), but I didn't find it hard to find the needed materials. My kids also sit in on their older siblings' science when they're interested, but they like to have something of their own at that point too.

We will be doing Intro To Science in the fall. My ds4 and ds3 have enjoyed Exploring Science this year. I believe they are now offering a kit for Intro available in March. I don't know anything about Sonlight except that a lot of people seem to enjoy the Berenstein's Bears' book of Science. I'm thinking about just getting that book on the "side".

We did sonlight A science last year - my kids loved the books, and the experiments were very easy to do. It did jump around a bit, but if you fly through the books like my kids did, then it doesn't matter because your experiments make sense. Oh, and the discover and do dvds were fun for them too. I thought they seemed lame, but the kids ate them up.