Menu

Anyone's ideas on Life of Fred for K math?

ZeeMommy

I kind of asked this question before on the Accelerated Learner board, but didn't get too much response. What's the earliest anyone's successfully used LOF Apples? I think my 3.5yo might be ready, but not sure. She's pretty good with math (can ID, count & write up to 100, counts by 10s, simple addition, time (hours & half-hours), a few fractions). She's on a huge reading kick right now, but I'm sure she'll be back on math soon enough. She has a great attention span - we read lots of chapter books. I think my DH would enjoy reading the LOF books with her...

I kind of asked this question before on the Accelerated Learner board, but didn't get too much response. What's the earliest anyone's successfully used LOF Apples? I think my 3.5yo might be ready, but not sure. She's pretty good with math (can ID, count & write up to 100, counts by 10s, simple addition, time (hours & half-hours), a few fractions). She's on a huge reading kick right now, but I'm sure she'll be back on math soon enough. She has a great attention span - we read lots of chapter books. I think my DH would enjoy reading the LOF books with her...

We started at 4.5, but it sounds to me like your Dd is about where he was. I don't think there's any harm in trying - if she doesn't like it, you can just put it away for a few months and try again.

DS started LOF when he got to yellow Miquon at 5ish. He raced through the books and now (6) is just finishing Ice cream - mostly due t my procrastination because I didn't want to reach Fractions too soon... now that kidneys, liver and mineshaft have arrived I can stop holding him back so much, lol! DD is 3.5 and is wanting to start but I won't let her until she can record her own answers (because I'm mean, and because she needs the motivation to work on her writing). I also don't let them start until they can alternate reading the chapters with me. She's nearly there, so I'll have to let her start soon.