Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

What does reading/English instruction look like for K?

K makes the /k/ sound. You'd typically find it before an I or an E, since the other letter that makes the /k/ sound, the C, makes a /s/ sound in front of those letters. You'll also sometimes find the K at the end of a word, often in combination with the C, to make CK after a short vowel. The combination CK still just makes one /k/ sound, not /k/-/k/ or /s/-/k/.

[insert tons of examples]

ETA: and there are other combinations as well, such as SK in desk, or w/e.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 7

Tell me about Roman Roads.

Well, it has been a long time since I heard about them... but (assuming you mean ancient ones, not the current ones in Rome...) they were built a long time ago, and are all over various parts of Europe because the Roman Empire covered a lot of Europe at various times.  The Romans felt that good roads was very important so that they could move their army efficiently, so they were a high priority.  I learned, for that reason, the roads were made uncommonly well - generally made by digging right down to the bedrock and then building them up from there.  Because they were made so well, roads have often been built more modernly on top of the Roman Roads.

Anything Else you want to know?

• Like 4

Tell Me Where You Purchase Swimsuits for Young Teens!

At a department store!

Can you see yourself in an auto-pilot car?

Yes, you will find they come with a mirror on the back of the passenger-side sun shade, just like a manual car.

Child Tells Everyone We Don't Do School

It is summer break, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

• Like 6

If you bought books you want them to read.,.

...don't send those books to sleep-away summer camp with them, as they'll thoughtlessly put wet clothes on top of those books, such that those books will have to be tossed when they get back from camp (unread at that).

(luckily this was only one book, the book I gave Celery for finishing 3rd grade, but Celery was upset when I took the trashed book out of his bag and told him "sorry, but this is unsalvageable").

• Like 2

I need audible help

I would try talking to someone face to face then.  It is so much easier to hear them when you are in the same room.

Hah, you beat me to it!  I was going to go with:

Ok, but unless you live real close by, it's going to be hard to hear me.  Even if I shout.

• Like 7