Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

Teachin'Mine started this a while back, and it ended up on the Gen Ed board when we got the new system.

I thought this board would be a better place for it, so let's go again! Here's what I posted yesterday on the Gen Ed board:

I've missed this thread! Ready for a resurrection? No offense intended!

JAWM Lg Family Renting Hurdles

I don't know of a place that rents hurdles to any size family. Bikes, yes. Hurdles, iffy.

• Like 6

Whoever linked me to that diaper bag had better bring the bolt cutters. I know it seems like we're always hooked up to those things when our kids are little but this person is taking it too far!

:smilielol5: that was good, I needed that.

See... Now I kept reading this one as "Goats will never happen" and thought it was another Anti-Farm animal thread!

I thought it was s/o of the goals thread, also thought it said Goats will never happen! Here's why: we are too old to take care of farm animals and besides we live in town now.

Have you ever done a Beth Moore study solo?

Yes. It was the one on the importance of fellowship.

I haven't been on the boards in ages (I'm a lurker, though, so probably no one noticed, lol) but I couldn't sleep tonight and hopped on here. When I read that title, I was totally all, sure hope they have that forum game still goin'!

• Like 5

Can anyone share how the game works to a newbie?

When you see a thread title and think something humorous (smart aleck-y!) about it, you post the thread title along w/what the funny that came to mind. It usually ends up being some kind of twist on the original poster's meaning.

Like on Jean's recent post...the person who started the thread wasn't talking about goals in sports, but that's what it made Jean think of so she used that to turn it around to something funny.

Join in!

• Like 1

Spelt?

Saying this gently...I think you mean spelled. That's the past tense of the verb spell. As in, "I spelled all four words correctly," not "I spelt all four words correctly."

Hth! :D

Actually, spelt is an acceptable alternative to spelled, though I think it might be more common in the UK than in the US. According to the American Heritage Dictionary:

spelt2pron.jpg (spebreve.giflt) KEY

VERB: A past tense and a past participle of spell1.

• Like 5

Actually, spelt is an acceptable alternative to spelled, though I think it might be more common in the UK than in the US. According to the American Heritage Dictionary:

spelt2pron.jpg (spebreve.giflt) KEY

VERB: A past tense and a past participle of spell1.

:blush:

Edited to add: I would never have poked fun at this if I thought the OP was using poor grammar. As it was, the OP was talking about wheat, and the spelt/spelled thing just popped into my head. No offense intended.

• Like 3