Menu

Annnnnd there's the rain.

Guest inoubliable

Guest inoubliable

Everyone here took a short nap after lunch and we woke up just a few minutes ago to some really loud and powerful wind outside. We then heard a loud chirping and went to look out the window. There was a tiny bird up in one of tall branches of the really big tree out back. As we all turned away to "D'awwwww" and "Hope the wind doesn't knock him out!", it was like someone took out the bathtub plug. It's raining so hard that we can't see across the street.

And I saw no mention of this on the weather channel this morning.

Guest inoubliable

Odd, the national Weather Channel has been warning of very bad storms, even tornados, since yesterday. It started in the south and is working its way east and north. it's been warm and windy here in NY, and just now beginning to storm.

I may have not been paying very good attention. :blushing: I've been listening now, though. :( I feel like such an idiot. I had no idea that there were these dangerous storms all day! I've been really out of it today.

Guest inoubliable

Whoa. How did I miss all the bad weather news?? We still have heavy rain but the wind has died down quite a bit. DH is in NoVa right now and says that it's just sort of sprinkling where he's at. Wind picking up, though. Lovely. He's a trucker and an empty 18-wheeler in high winds and on slick roads makes me nervous..

Whoa. How did I miss all the bad weather news?? We still have heavy rain but the wind has died down quite a bit. DH is in NoVa right now and says that it's just sort of sprinkling where he's at. Wind picking up, though. Lovely. He's a trucker and an empty 18-wheeler in high winds and on slick roads makes me nervous..

......as it should!

You wouldn't have missed it in this house.

We're weather junkies. We talk about it ALL. THE. TIME.

We actually want to open a weather bar, like a sports bar, but weather based.

Guest inoubliable

Well I usually check the day with weather.com but this morning I was just too busy. And at some point I like to check umbrellatoday.com , especially if I'm going out that day. Today we were just so busy and we never have the TV on anymore. When we were using cable, we'd have the weather channel on all day. Jim Cantori. Mmmm...

That storm just passed through here. We had a couple tornado warnings and a ton of rain. A tornado touched down about 30 miles north of us and another town farther north of us got a lot of damage from the high winds. Fortunately we didn't lose power or internet. We don't have cable but I was able to stream the local news station and get the weather updates from them. It was better than trying to get the latest from the weather channel.

I'm in central MD. I was oblivious about the forecast. I went to the store yesterday and it was beautiful! Today I made a point of getting outside. I even cleaned, vacuumed, and wiped out the inside of my car. Just as I'm bringing the vacuum back inside it starts POURING. I shoulda known when I felt my hair getting frizzier!

Oh well, at least the house has been aired out and my car's not gross anymore.