Menu

Do you eat the same thing for breakfast every morning?

Hoot

Do you eat the same thing for breakfast most every morning?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat the same thing for breakfast most every morning?

• Yes, I eat the same thing for breakfast every single morning.
    • Yes, I eat the same thing for breakfast most mornings.
    • No, I eat whatever I want for breakfast and it's different every morning.
    • No, I don't eat breakfast.
    • Other.

Fixing my breakfast this morning made me wonder, does anyone else eat the same thing for breakfast every morning? What do you eat? Not your kids, but you.

For me, every morning it's 1 or 2 small apples with natural peanut butter around 5am, and then RAW oatmeal (oats, barley, quinoa, rye, wheat, flax seeds) with almond milk, cinnamon, chopped bananas, and blueberries when I get to work around 6:30.

When I eat breakfast it's usually non traditional breakfast foods. I can't stand eggs (unless hard boiled or baked with savory foods), I like bacon but alas you cannot live on bacon only. I much prefer something like leftovers when I actually eat breakfast--curry chicken with coconut cauliflower rice, or roasted leftover veggies from the night before.

Eggs of some kind 6 out of 7 mornings, at least. We used to have oatmeal as our default but I'd make something else three or four mornings a week. I make pretty awesome pancakes, waffles, French toast, etc. But one of my kids had to go gluten free this year and we switched everyone to eggs. Cheap and easy and healthy. But two of my kids have been switching back to oatmeal and we have been able to resolve some of the things that were requiring gluten free eating for my son (he isn't celiac or anything) so I'm hoping there are interesting breakfasts in our future again. I just love breakfast and love making a big one for the kids especially on mornings when dh has gotten a super-early start. And big brunches for friends are my favorite. I also wish we could afford breakfast meat every day but we only eat responsibly-raised pork and prefer to get it locally, so the cost (and quantity available) is out.

I have a cup of coffee about 6:30am. I cannot eat that early. The idea of it makes me nauseous.

Dh and I usually go to tea together around 10am (we work together). We go across the street from the school to an Indian restaurant. I drink teh tarik and usually eat roti chanai or a cheese dosai or idly with tomato-chili chutney. So it's more of a brunch, really, since I don't eat again until dinner.

Yes I do eat the same thing ALMOST every morning.

Gluten Free Steel Oats, Raw Sunflower Seeds, Raisens, Frozen Blueberries, Chopped Bananas, & dazzle of brown sugar.

OR

Orange Slices, Banana Slices, & 3 TB of Natural Peanut Butter.

For my kids I make them one of the following.

• Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes
  • Gluten Free Cereal & Fruit Slices
  • Gluten Free Steel Oats, Raw Sunflower Seeds, Raisens, Frozen Berries, & Brown Sugar
  • Grits

Usually at least 6 days a week I have tea and oatmeal. I am too tired until I have my tea to do anything that requires real cooking, and I can't drink my tea on an empty stomach or it makes me sick. So, I stumble to the kitchen to put on the tea kettle, then collapse in my chair until it whistles. Pouring the hot water over the tea bags and my oatmeal is about all the preparation I can handle.

On the weekend, dh is home and will usually make me eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast or potatoes at least one of the days (which is what he has every morning but he leaves too early to make it for me) or pancakes if one of the kids asks for them.

We usually have cold cereal as I'm not a morning person...usually either cheerios or mini-wheats. We're more likely to have a cooked breakfast for lunch. :blush: I've been pushing myself to cook more for breakfast...my goal for this week is a hot breakfast every other day. If I do make breakfast, it's usually baked oatmeal, coco wheats, pancakes, or eggs with toast. We usually have a mid-morning snack of yogurt, fruit, or a smoothie.

I have cold cereal almost every morning (gluten free corn flakes and corn chex, raw sunflower seeds, pecan pieces, dried papaya, brown sugar, vanilla almond milk). Teen has cereal and peanuts every day. the younger one is more varied - usually a gf bagel w soy cream cheese and peanut butter, sometimes cereal and milk or a rice cake with pb and banana.

sometimes on weekends I cook breakfast, and that varies a lot - home made turkey sausage, biscuits, bacon, eggs not often because we have some allergies, sweet muffins, coffee cake, pancakes, crepes, waffles. but i've been cooking less breakfasts this past year since i hurt my knee - dont want to stand more than i have to

Ever since I had gestational diabetes with my 7th baby, I have eaten bran flakes with milk and a hard-boiled egg every morning for breakfast. I like routine, and I don't like to think in the mornings! If for some reason I don't eat this (like we're traveling or something), then I just don't feel like my day is really started right, LOL.

Guest inoubliable

Pretty much. On weekdays, it's oatmeal (with or without some sort of fruit or cinnamon thrown in), apple and a cup of Darjeeling. On the weekends, it's cinnamon rolls or an apple crisp, fresh OJ, cup of Darjeeling. Small amounts of all. None of us can stand eating a lot of food in the morning, except for DH.

Usually. There's always oat porridge and seasonal fruit, but we've recently mixed it up a bit with poached eggs instead of sausage (youngest still gets sausage).

I usually rotate between three breakfasts: eggs/bacon/sauteed mushrooms/tea, cinnamon/vanilla MIM/tea, or protein bar/tea. I see so many wonderful breakfasts listed here but if I ate those carbs first thing in the morning I'd be sound asleep an hour later with carb cravings all day :glare:

I have a cup of coffee about 6:30am. I cannot eat that early. The idea of it makes me nauseous.

Dh and I usually go to tea together around 10am (we work together). We go across the street from the school to an Indian restaurant. I drink teh tarik and usually eat roti chanai or a cheese dosai or idly with tomato-chili chutney. So it's more of a brunch, really, since I don't eat again until dinner.

This is what I do. Well, minus the tea & Indian food that is, although when we lived in Hong Kong we'd eat in a similar way. I can't stomach food the first few hours after getting up, so I drink coffee & water. Around 10-11 I eat an early lunch of leftovers or whatever looks good. This usually holds me until dinner, with an occasional snack around 4.

Yes. I ate a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal every morning for about 4 years. Then I went gluten free and struggled to find something. When we went back on gluten, I switched a a Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Muffin. 250 calories, keeps me full, and it doesn't take a lot of time.

Right now, I am eating a low-carb diet, so breakfast for me is two cups of coffee with heavy whipping cream. I don't like eggs and after trying other breakfast options, I found that this suits me best.

Prior to low-carb, I would eat either cold cereal, peanut butter and banana toast, or greek yogurt. (however, I would always eat one of those for weeks or even months at a time and then grow bored and move onto another)

Two slices of toast, and coffee. Every morning. In the summer when we have too many eggs sometimes I'll have a hard-boiled egg instead of one of the pieces of toast. I eat several small meals a day instead of fewer larger ones.

The only exception to my toast mornings is on some Sundays when DH makes pancakes or waffles for the kids. Secretly I'd rather have toast again those mornings too. I find pancakes and waffles too sweet.

I voted mostly the same thing in that I eat eggs just about every morning. How I prepare them varies a little ... either an omelet with some veggies and a little bit of cheese or just over easy. With that, I usually have either a piece of toast with Earth Balance and a little pepper jelly, or a small bowl of whole grain cereal and some milk. I almost always have a cup of tea and a glass of water (to take my supplements.) If I have cereal, I try to eat some fruit whether it be an orange or an apple or some berries in season.

ETA: I guess I don't vary it too much because I really, really need the protein for breakfast so the eggs are pretty much a must. Plus, I am not fully awake until I have eaten and had my tea (and shower) despite the fact that I eat after I have walked the dog, so I can't vary the routine too much or I end up burning something:).