Menu

Therapy and new meds are working

I just wanted to post an update on our ds. He was discharged early on Wed. I was highly skeptical about how effective his hospital stay actually was b/c he seemed "overly confident."

I didn't want to post anything until we actually experienced a conflict to see how he really would deal with it. Well, we had one yesterday and he was so amazingly calm that I can't believe this was my ds. That was the first victory.

Even more important to me.......I saw him developing a new obsession. (Remember that the root core to his behavioral problems is his OCD and interference with the obsessions) I had discussed it with my dh to ask him if he saw this newest one emerging, but said nothing to ds. DS called me into his room last night b/c he said he needed to talk. He told me that he thought he saw an obsession forming. THAT IS HUGE!! He has not been able to recognize his obsessions before.

So......I am thrilled. I don't know if it is the new meds or if the hours of concentrated therapy taught him the skills to recognize it or if it is simply having been in the hospital made him start realizing that these are problems that HE has to acknowledge.

I am just extremely happy for him that he realized it on his own and is asking for us to provide him other outlets so he can try to let go.

• 2 weeks later...