What's with the ads?

#1 mo2

mo2

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4017 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

And do you feel the program is worth the price? Thank you.

#2 Wildiris

Wildiris

Board member since 2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1576 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yes, diagramming.
Yes, worth the price, but DD prefered Shurley English.

#3 Mom0012

Mom0012

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6552 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yes, it has diagramming. It doesn't start diagramming right at the beginning of the book (at least not the 5th grade one, anyway), but once it introduces it, it has the kids diagram a few sentences a day. I think it's worth every penny (especially if you buy it at CBD with a free shipping code). If you use it with more than one child, all you have to do is buy a new student text, so you can save a little money there.

I absolutely love this program. There are great explanations, examples and practice problems, and I love the mixed review. Every year my son uses it (he's in level 7), he is better able to apply the concepts. My dd is using it for the first time this year and it has been a good fit for her as well.

ETA: Just looked at the price at CBD and it's a little higher than when I purchased it, but still significantly less than retail.
  • TarynB likes this

#4 mo2

mo2

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4017 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Thank you very much. I am leaning towards using this for my 5th grader.

#5 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Radioactive and Frumpy ☢

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53797 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Yes

In terms of price, did you see the homeschool package on Rainbow? Cheaper than ordering from the Saxon site.

#6 SunnyDays

SunnyDays

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

We also like it, and feel like it's a good value!

#7 TarynB

TarynB

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Yes and yes! LOL. Best grammar program for us.

#8 mo2

mo2

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4017 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks! You've made my decision for me. :)

#9 Paradox5

Paradox5

The Ordinary Princess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2430 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yes, it has diagramming. It doesn't start diagramming right at the beginning of the book (at least not the 5th grade one, anyway), but once it introduces it, it has the kids diagram a few sentences a day. I think it's worth every penny (especially if you buy it at CBD with a free shipping code). If you use it with more than one child, all you have to do is buy a new student text, so you can save a little money there.

I absolutely love this program. There are great explanations, examples and practice problems, and I love the mixed review. Every year my son uses it (he's in level 7), he is better able to apply the concepts. My dd is using it for the first time this year and it has been a good fit for her as well.

ETA: Just looked at the price at CBD and it's a little higher than when I purchased it, but still significantly less than retail.

What she said. LOVE it. We even like the writing instruction alongside WWE.

What's with the ads?