Menu

Ever have one of those days where...

Guest inoubliable

Guest inoubliable

you take a look around you and see plenty of things "going well" but you can take no joy or satisfaction in them? Ever see plenty of people in real pain (mentally, emotionally, or physically) or KNOW that there are people you'll never know or meet because they live half a planet away from you that are afraid for their very LIVES at the same moment that you're sipping some hot tea and still you feel that *your* life is hopeless? Ever have a day where you just have an overwhelming sadness and loneliness and fatigue and you just can't shake it, no matter how you put it in perspective?

Some days are just scary.

Guest inoubliable

It's frustrating when you know you're doing all the "right things" to avoid feeling like that, kwim? Good food, adequate rest, exercise... *sigh* And trying to put some things into words is just going to seem silly.

What do you do when you feel like you don't want to wake up tomorrow? When you feel like you've got just enough strength and willpower to go through the motions of the rest of the day/evening but that you just can't be bothered with another day after that? :(

Guest inoubliable

You do it for your family. Think about the hole you would leave in your children's hearts and in other's who love you.

You're so right, of course. And, this is one of the most frustrating of all - telling yourself that and knowing it for truth and yet still feeling like... blech. I can't even put it into words. It's like all the things you know to do and say and think have no...effect.

I can't figure out how to say it.

Actually, I have never felt it to that extreme. I have an occasional day where I just go through the motions and do the minimum because I feel overwhelmed and tired. And sometimes I feel guilty because my suffering is small compared to that of many others in the world. But I have never felt that I did not want to have another day.

I am sorry that your feelings are so intense. :grouphug: Could it maybe be time to go and talk to someone? Is there any way to spend the day with a friend?

Guest inoubliable

Could it maybe be time to go and talk to someone? Is there any way to spend the day with a friend?

I don't know. It all feels so silly and unreal. I have no friends locally - not anyone who could take a day off of work and hang out, anyway. I wouldn't know what to say to them about any of this, anyway.

Guest inoubliable

I didn't even consider something seasonal. I wonder if that's it. I've had issues with depression off and on since I was a teen. I've never felt this detached from it, though. It's made my whole day kind of scary. Maybe I'll see about calling a doctor in the next couple of weeks, if it doesn't clear up.

I didn't even consider something seasonal. I wonder if that's it. I've had issues with depression off and on since I was a teen. I've never felt this detached from it, though. It's made my whole day kind of scary. Maybe I'll see about calling a doctor in the next couple of weeks, if it doesn't clear up.

I think it sounds like you could benefit from talking to someone. I think you should talk to your dr - not an emergency but I'd call as soon as possible. I'm sorry you're feeling this so profoundly. Please don't just wait for it to pass. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I have seasonal depression and February is the worst month for me. It sounds like you might need to see someone. Don't wait too long if you can help it.

:grouphug: