Menu

Researching fertility monitors

Moxie

I'm looking at the different fertility monitors available. Wow, there are a lot of options!

My cycles are irregular and my fertiltiy signs are iffy at best. I've never been 100% confident with NFP and I have a couple of kids to show for it.

I like the idea of the OvaCue with the v-wand but, I'll admit, I tend to think that more expensive=better. That isn't always true, I know.

Does anyone have a fertility monitor that they are happy with?

I have the OvaCue with the v-wand and have somewhat irregular cycles. It's been very accurate, from what I can tell (at least it corroborates with other symptoms). I've used it both to avoid and aid in conception--worked well both ways, although not FDA approved for avoiding pregnancy. I've had mine for about 7 years, and it still works well (only had to change the battery once). From what I can tell, the display is a lot better now on the newer ones.

I am trying a Duofertility monitor. One reason we went with this one is that we're trying to figure out if I'm anovulatory or not (some symptoms and tests say I am, some don't match) , and the LH tests and BBT wasn't showing a set pattern. I like that you just wear the sensor, and download the data to the computer occasionally, so I'm not having to try to remember anything when I'm 3/4 asleep in the morning and I can hear sounds from the kitchen that sound like I'd better get my tired body in there ASAP-not a couple of minutes from now when the thermometer finally beeps!

I use the ClearBlueEasy monitor along with the Marquette University's NFP protocol. Without the protocols, I don't think the monitors on their own are as effective to prevent pregnancy. Using the Marquette method has been such a blessing for my husband and I. Here is a link to their website: http://nfp.marquette.edu/ . They have forums, online charting, and are very good at replying to questions quickly. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Also, just for you know, you can use flex saving account funds to purchase a ClearBlueEasy monitor and the sticks. I would assume this would include other fertility monitors as well.