Menu

UCCP Open Access becoming Scout

The UCCP pagehas an announcement up that they are relaunching the site under the name Scout and migrating all of the courses over the next couple months.

I'm not finding a lot about Scout. In particular I'm not sure if there will be any open access option after the migration or if they are moving to a fee-based only, teacher supervised option for all courses. They do specify that they envision homeschoolers as one of the groups that will use Scout. But it's unclear if there will be an option of using it as an open access, self-supervised resource.

If UCCP is a resource you were planning on using, you might want to look into capturing info like assignments before the migration.

Also, when I was looking for physics resources last year, I found that the videos used by UCCP were the same as those available at HippoCampus. I'm not sure what the original source of the video clips is. I'm not sure if the migration will also mean a change in course availability at other sites.

Keep us posted if you find anything out! Thanks.

I asked some follow up questions about price at the new site.

I'm not sure who to ask about HippoCampus. I almost don't want to ask the Scout rep in case they hadn't thought to remove access.

ETA: In a way, I understand why they would want to use this to bring in more revenue. On the other hand, I wish they would just leave up what they have as Open Access and charge for the new, teacher supervised courses.

I'm not sure how UCCP fits in, but the classes all originate at http://www.montereyinstitute.org They don't say anything about charging, now or in the future. I access them via NROC because I can't get Hippocampus to display full screen correctly, but they are all the same materials. We are really enjoying using the AP US History materials right now.

I'm not sure how UCCP fits in, but the classes all originate at http://www.montereyinstitute.org They don't say anything about charging, now or in the future. I access them via NROC because I can't get Hippocampus to display full screen correctly, but they are all the same materials. We are really enjoying using the AP US History materials right now.

Thank you. I guess I hadn't dug enough into all of the tabs at HippoCampus. You're right that it's the same material. What's more, they seem to have the assessments that aren't on the UCCP Open Access pages (at least for physics).

• 9 months later...
Guest reedfish

i took a bunch of courses with uccp and forgot to get the syllabus from them! now i have no idea where to get the course descriptions from for my homeschool transcripts... did bookmarking them work?? does anyone have any course descriptions for them??