Menu

New/first time Dad gift idea??

KatieJ

My youngest is going to be a Dad within a month. He is having a birthday the end of next week and I would love to give him something practical but on the fun side to that end.

I have researched the ideas for New Dad or Hospital Survial kits for Dads and I was like, well, not exactly what I am looking for.

Besides I am pretty sure his wife will pack him a bag of candy and stuff. (She did for his brother last year when he became a Dad.)

I am thinking more like some really great books or ..I don't know.

Ideas?

Have you checked out Red Envelope (http://www.redenvelope.com) ? It's my favorite online store for "special occasion" type gifts. Sometimes I just go there for inspiration and gift ideas, and then buy the item locally. Look at the "New Baby" page under the "Occasion" tab, as well as the "For Him" page. They have lots of unique, thoughtful gifts.

Congrats on the new grandbaby! :)

His very own diaper bag. My husband was thrilled to receive one, which I had not expected at all. I don't know if he liked the fact that it wasn't too feminine (his is backpack style), if he liked the fact that it was all his, or if he was just thrilled that someone thought he would be responsible enough to be sent out of the house alone with an infant. :tongue_smilie:

Great ideas! Their diaper bag is black, so I think he would be ok carrying that one. One of DD's always gives her handsewn baby carrier, so that is out.

I wish I could remember what his favorite books were when he was little! He was the 4th and I was potty training him and doing driver's training with his older sister. Sigh. It all goes by so fast!

Actually we have 3 grandbabies due this year! However, this one is the last "first baby" to be born.

They also are not sharing if it's a boy or a girl, so I can't be too specific with the gift.

I like the Read Aloud handbook idea. He is truly the book worm of the family and I think he would treasure his own set of books to read.

Does anyone know of a new daddy handbook kind of book?

His very own diaper bag. My husband was thrilled to receive one, which I had not expected at all. I don't know if he liked the fact that it wasn't too feminine (his is backpack style), if he liked the fact that it was all his, or if he was just thrilled that someone thought he would be responsible enough to be sent out of the house alone with an infant. :tongue_smilie:

DH had his own dude diaper bag and used it / liked it. He also enjoyed rocking his own Bjorne :)

I like the band T-shirt idea, or maybe sports team stuff if he is into that. My dh loved it when someone gave us a bunch of baby items with his favorite baseball team logo.

Some people don't like the "I'll Love you Forever" book but if you do, that would be good... since it's a mother/son/baby theme.