Menu

Do you allow your children to drink pop/soda?

Luanne

Do you allow your children to drink soda pop?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Do you allow your children to drink soda pop?

• Yes, I've always allowed them to even when they were toddlers
    • Yes, but I didn't let them until a certain age
    • They do now, but they are gone from home
    • No, they don't drink soda at all
    • Other (in case I forgot an option)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but they never really drank it much until they were teens. They may a one a couple times a week. My 13 year old only drinks water but will have a sprite when we go out to dinner and a coke if we order pizza. My dd does not really like it but occasionally will have a sip of ours.

Indy was allowed small amounts of 7-Up/Sprite and Ginger Ale around 6 or 7 in moderation. He can have soda if we're getting fast food, but if we're at a sit down restaurant, he drinks water. At home, we drink water. If we watch a movie on the weekend (we usually do on Sunday), he's allowed a soda, but that's about it. In social settings I might allow him to have soda, but only one. After that, it's water. He's fine with it and almost never complains. James Bond and I do drink them more frequently than we allow Indy to have them, but that's one of the perks of being a grown up. ;)

Yes, I allowed it and didn't have an age limit (obviously not for a baby, but no specific age limit). I rarely buy soda or have it available, though. Kind of like cheesecake. I don't prohibit it, but there aren't so many opportunities to have it.

I don't drink soda myself - except for an occasional Limionata or Izzie.

Yes, she is allowed to drink soda when she wants it. Her first sips were probably around 3 or 4. We are a soda drinking family.

I don't remember when they had their first taste of soda. They didn't have it often as littles but still had it some. Now that they are older I don't regulate to much. Like myself they take it by spells, sometimes drinking alot and other times never touching it.

Where's my 13% buddies?? Out drinking down a six pack of Pepsi in the tool shed?? :drool5:

Oh sorry, here I am. Was drinking a coke :drool5: