Menu

I'm so happy on behalf of all women over 40

Danestress

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/year-old-kimiko-date-krumm-breaks-australian-open-record-as-oldest-winner-of-a-main-draw-match/story-fndkzym4-1226554345625

I'm sort of fond of her opponent, but wow. I'm thrilled she did this at 42 years old. My husband makes me SO MAD with comments about how players "need to retire" when they aren't even out of their 20s yet. It's a brutal sport (which I don't even play but am addicted to watching) and I know a lot of bodies can't take it. But at least one body can take it at 42. You go, girl!

http://www.news.com....4-1226554345625

I'm sort of fond of her opponent, but wow. I'm thrilled she did this at 42 years old. My husband makes me SO MAD with comments about how players "need to retire" when they aren't even out of their 20s yet. It's a brutal sport (which I don't even play but am addicted to watching) and I know a lot of bodies can't take it. But at least one body can take it at 42. You go, girl!

As a bit of a swim fan, I was stunned when Dara Torres won three silver medals at the 2008 Olympics at age 41 and all people could talk about was how "manly" she looked, being flat-chested and all. 12 Olympic medals and five Olympics and she is a loser because she doesn't have a store-bought inflatable Barbie chest and she's as old as the hills. Oh, please.

You go, Kimiko!